Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity
(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: You can also try to change the N.O.

That's the plan. :)

(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Anyway, one tip:  Propose the N.O. in Latin and ad orientem.  Don't go right for demanding the TLM with all the fixin's.

That's just the thing though, Latin is probably the least issue I have, as it's all about the reverence toward Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist that matters to me, I don't know Latin anyway and can only make the sign of the cross in Latin. It's the lay people as Eucharistic Ministers (always used and there are certainly no 'extraordinary' circumstances) and receiving in the hand etc treating it all like common food that is the biggest problem. Once reverence is restored back to Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist everything else will follow naturally IMO.

(10-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Also, just to be clear: I do like some Orthodox stuff and think it can be beautiful.  In general, I do not.  However, my personal opinion is irrelevant to the point that Orthodox art, in the Byzantine style, is purposefully off putting.  Even if one were to disagree, that is not the intention of the artists.

Yea I never knew that and was wondering why the images looked the way they do, but some of it is still very beautiful IMO, just personal preferences I suppose. :)

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • LionHippo
Josh there has GOT to be some other Catholic Church than the Novus Ordo somewhere within at least an hour of you.... like really, no diocesan tlm, no fssp, no ick, no sspx mission chapel, no byzantine, ukranian, Syrian, or chaldean parish at all?! I'd hate to live in such a novus ordo wasteland....

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1Faith's post:
  • josh987654321
(10-12-2019, 11:00 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: That's just the thing though, Latin is probably the least issue I have, as it's all about the reverence toward Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist that matters to me, I don't know Latin anyway and can only make the sign of the cross in Latin. It's the lay people as Eucharistic Ministers (always used and there are certainly no 'extraordinary' circumstances) and receiving in the hand etc treating it all like common food that is the biggest problem. Once reverence is restored back to Christ's real presence in the Holy Eucharist everything else will follow naturally.

That's why it's just a place to start. You can request those things at first as well or you can wait until you build a little insurgency of like minded people to exert greater pressure. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Be strategic, like the communist infiltrators who f-worded the Church in the first place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • josh987654321
(10-13-2019, 03:04 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

AMEN! I sometimes think that that attitude is the Trad's worst enemy. 'Well, yes, Father celebrates a reverent Mass, but he doesn't wear a maniple.' 'I'm glad we have Benediction every week, but Father insists on the prayers being in English'. I could go on, but you get the picture.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
(10-12-2019, 11:36 PM)1Faith Wrote: Josh there has GOT to be some other Catholic Church than the Novus Ordo somewhere within at least an hour of you.... like really, no diocesan tlm, no fssp, no ick, no sspx mission chapel, no byzantine, ukranian, Syrian, or chaldean parish at all?! I'd hate to live in such a novus ordo wasteland....

Nope, I'm in somewhat regional/rural Australia. At least there are 3 N.O. parishes and I've been very fortunate with the Father's I've had at my regular one. Not always what I would want but at least what I need.

God Bless You
  • jovan66102
(10-13-2019, 08:10 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Australia.

Oi, m8 why don't we head down to the bottle-o, get a coupla VB's for the coolie, bloody oath!  Me bogans and Bruces been drinkin' coldies all day under th' brolly.  Finished bout 12 in the last shout, piece of piss
(10-13-2019, 03:16 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Oi, m8 why don't we head down to the bottle-o, get a coupla VB's for the coolie, bloody oath!  Me bogans and Bruces been drinkin' coldies all day under th' brolly.  Finished bout 12 in the last shout, piece of piss

lol, the only good thing about VB are their TV ads. Carlton Dry is the way to go. :D
  • Imperator Caesar Trump