Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity
Any diocesan parish is really a product of the priests there. Sadly, many head priests/pastors are of the immediate post-VII era and are quite liberal. I've just moved to a new area and one of our local churches has a priest who is quite orthodox, talks about harsh truths in his homilies, tells the truth about the modernists in the hierarchy, loves TLM (although he's all alone so he can only do it once per month), and just seems like he's doing the best he can with what's going on. The NO Masses are about as good as you're going to get and I can live with them as I pray I can figure out a way over time to get a more consistent TLM going  :D. Unfortunately, if we all run away to the SSPX or FSSP there will be none of us who will be able to work on the low hanging fruit sitting within reach in the mainstream.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • mpk1987

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity - by GangGreen - 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM