Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity
(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 1: Conservative Evangelicalism.  Where to start? 

Yup, the Holy Eucharist. If Christ ain't there I can pray, read the scriptures and watch homilies at home.

(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 2: Orthodoxy. 

Papal succession for me, and the Filioque clause is a non issue for me. Even if I wanted to there is no Orthodox Churches where I live.

(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 3: FSSP,

I would go if I even had the choice, as for the finances, just don't put money on the plate that goes to the liberal stuff, just to the Priest and then do the rest privately to the charity of your choosing rather then putting it in someone else's hands to distribute.

(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 4: Your local diocesan parish.  Barf. 

Well I've got no choice, and as long as Christ is there truly present body, blood, soul and divinity in the Holy Eucharist I'll keep going trying to bring as much dignity and reverence back as I can, by receiving communion only from the Priest, on the tongue and on one knee. (Which I was raised in N.O. and had been receiving in the hand most of my life and didn't even know there was another way to receive Our Lord, can't go back now, last week the Priest switched lines and unfortunately I missed out on receiving Christ because I couldn't receive in the hands ever again and from a lay person, so I bowed to Our Lord and returned to my pew). "For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

Last week we had another priest who quoted from Bishop Barron (knew it was gonna go down hill a bit from there) and then implied that someone learned to forgive God.... forgive God? excuse me? and I guess to anyone else we look like those who pretend like the Priest didn't just say something heretical or imply some other nonsense. Nevertheless, we pray for them and try to show example and sow seeds when possible, I've seen some become better for it. It's very sad, and I pray for the restoration of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church which will be restored Mark 4:38-40.

I would also note, that no matter where you go, it is up to the parents to raise their children in the faith, especially their father which is to resemble their heavenly father and is thus the greatest determining factor.

(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 5: Charismatic Episcopal or High Anglican.

I could never go Protestantism, even if a minority 'claim' to have the real presence I don't believe it and that could be changed over night IMO. I believe Christ founded only One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, to whom shall I go?

(10-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Option 6: SSPX.  Finally… home, 1.5 hours away. 

With all of this said, my only qualm is how I feel about schism these days: Namely, that I don't have any interest in that idea. 

I agree, I've not researched it enough, personally id rather be safe then sorry, so I would personally go any traditional parish still tied to Rome if I had the option and just be careful where I put my money.

p.s. I also refuse to eat bugs :)

God Bless You

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tasting notes from my travels in American Christianity - by josh987654321 - 10-12-2019, 09:37 AM