"Frost Apocalypse" - NoHarvest19 - When Will Feed Shortage 2020 Start?
I have posted article indicating a very poor harvest for 2019, with late and heavy rains in the spring producing flooding and wet fields. Now there are reports of heavy frost and freezing weather now appearing before harvest time. This could be the worst harvest in recent history, worldwide. Don't forget that what is in the stores now, what is being sold in cans, are all from last year's harvest. It won't be long before fresh and canned foods will be in short supply. Stock up now while you can and food is relatively easily obtained.

Here's a good video report on the situation evolving today:

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • HailGilbert, JacafamalaRedux
https://weather.com/news/news/2019-10-10...o-closings
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Zedta
Another detailed video on the subject of this massive crop loss happening now:

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
This situation is getting legs and in a BIG way. We are currently eating in our canned goods, last year's crops. This years crops are vastly less bountiful. Food prices are already beginning to creep up in the stores. This situation does not seem to be lessening.

Are there any readers from the grain belts in the Midwest? Can y'all verify this situation?

Very interesting video this:

Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
I live in SE Nebraska, corn country. I have several friends who farm. They're getting 180+ bushel per acre. The USDA is predicting a new record, and that seems to be proving right at the co-op. Beans are down just a tick from last year.

***ETA*** And, from the look of it, grain sorghum and edible peas are looking real good, too. And since wheat in this area is winter wheat, it was harvested months ago.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta
Very interesting gentleman.
Is a food shortage coming?
Posted September 15 2019
Also check out his channel.

Amazon.com: Survival Garden
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
The southern Canadian Plains in Alberta and Saskatchewan had two early snowstorms that extended down into Montana and North Dakota.  It’s not uncommon to get snow any given year before Canadian thanksgiving, but two significant winter storms is rare. It was looking perilous as to whether the crops would even get completed. This region is predominantly wheat, barley, and canola. We have had a good stretch of warm dry weather for the past 10 days, so the harvest got completed, but the quality was reduced to feed grade in many cases due to the wet and cold conditions. A bountiful harvest, just not a lucrative one. This could have an impact on the food market in a detrimental way.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Tax Collector's post:
  • Zedta
Thanks for the input. The situation does seem spotty, with difficulties in some areas and not so much in others. Down here in Florida, I've noticed around here where there are a number of large farms, that planting is ongoing and our produce production seems quite good. We get mostly local grown produce in the supermarkets and Florida is a big winter produce producer. There are some very large farms in the north where I live and down around Lake Okeechobee in the south. I don't think our state is big on grains, other than corn, but there is plenty of Florida sweet corn in the markets and it is very inexpensive.

I'm watching this issue and it seems to have legs in certain areas, but there are a lot of other areas that don't seem as adversely effected as others, but those that are adversely effected seem to be in the extremely badly effected.

Watch and see, winter seems to be coming sooner this year with the La Nina.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
(10-23-2019, 05:34 PM)Zedta Wrote: This situation is getting legs and in a BIG way. We are currently eating in our canned goods, last year's crops. This years crops are vastly less bountiful. Food prices are already beginning to creep up in the stores. This situation does not seem to be lessening.

Are there any readers from the grain belts in the Midwest? Can y'all verify this situation?

Very interesting video this:

I live in Oklahoma and although we saw some record flooding in the eastern part of the state there are bumper crops in the west where most of our cereals are grown.  Wheat, soy, corn and many other food crops were bountiful here.  Now God does favor Oklahoma above all other states but even with our divine help I think the rest of you will be ok Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like tonyjohnston1970's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
I just did a little research. Kansas, the state between Tommy and I, is expecting a bumper corn crop, up 26% from last year.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'