Fr. Thomas Weinandy on "Pope Francis and Schism"
(10-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I've got admit, as a fairly recent convert, I've had to ask myself just what I have gotten myself into lately more than I am comfortable with.

To say that there is a schismatic church within the Church is nothing new. Abp. Lefebvre alluded heavily to this way back in his "An Open Letter to Confused Catholics" it's just now the veil had been rent in two and we see it for what it is.

Be careful.

Archbishop Lefebvre was always very clear that he used this idea of a "Conciliar Church" within the Church as a convenient way of description, but not that there was some separate entity within. There could not be, nor could there be parallel Churches (one false, one true) headed by the same man. This "Conciliar Church" was that group of the Catholic hierarchy and faithful who were working to undermine Tradition.

And, as said before, what you are seeing now is terribly scandalous, but at least equal, if not worse has been done in the last 30 years by "Saintly" Popes.

Pope's have participated in pagan rituals, the Germans did not get this way overnight and were allowed to do many evil things, the Dutch introduced Communion in the Hand specifically against the Church Law and the Pope's Will and he caved only to see the rest of the world do the exact same.

In certain aspects, it's far worse today. In certain aspects, it's not much different than the days of Msgr Lefebvre.

If we begin to see the problems we should be careful not to be scandalized by them, but respond as Catholics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Adventus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fr. Thomas Weinandy on "Pope Francis and Schism" - by MagisterMusicae - 10-10-2019, 03:17 PM