The prophecy of the venerable Mgr. Fulton Sheen
The prophecy of the venerable Mgr. Fulton Sheen

Archbishop Fulton John Sheen said [1] in 1950:

"We are living in the days of the apocalypse - the last days of our epoch ... The two great forces, the Mystical Body of Christ and the Mystical Body of the Antichrist are beginning to elaborate the lines of battle for the end".

"The False Prophet will have a religion without a cross. A religion without a world to come. A religion to destroy religions. There will be a counterfeit church. The Church of Christ [the Catholic Church] will be one. And the false prophet will create another one. The false church will be worldly, ecumenical and global. It will be a federation of churches. And religions will form a certain type of global association. A world parliament of churches. He will be emptied of all divine content and will be the mystical body of the Antichrist. The mystical body on earth today will have its Judas Iscariot and will be the false prophet. Satan will take him among our bishops.

The Antichrist will not be called that; otherwise he would have followers. He will not wear red socks, nor will he sulfur, nor will he wear a trident or a tail like Mephistopheles in Faust. This is to help the Devil convince men that he does not exist. When man denies it, he becomes more powerful. God defined Himself as "I am who I am", and the Devil as "I am who I am not.

Nowhere in Sacred Scripture do we find the Devil described as a buffoon ... Rather he is described as an angel fallen from the sky, as "the prince of this world", whose purpose is to convince us that there is no eternal life. His logic is simple: if there is no paradise there is no hell; if there is no hell, then there is no sin; if there is no sin, then there is no judge, and if there is no judgment, then evil is good and good is evil. . But how will he convince us of his religion?

The Russian pre-communist belief is that he will be disguised as the Great Humanitarian; it will speak of peace, prosperity and abundance not as a means to lead us to God, but as ends in itself ...

The third temptation in which Satan asked Christ to worship him and all the kingdoms of the world would be his, will become the temptation to have a new religion, without a cross, a liturgy, without a world to come, a religion to destroy a religion, or a politics that is a religion - one that makes to Caesar also the things that is of God.

In the midst of all his love for humanity and his apparent discourse of freedom and equality, there will be a great secret that he will not tell anyone: he does not believe in God. Because his religion will be brotherhood without the paternity of God, he wants to deceive even the elect. He instituted a counter church that will be the monkey of the Church, because he, the Devil, is the monkey of God. He will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in the opposite sense and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that resembles the mystical body of Christ in all exterior.

But the twentieth century will join the counter-church because it claims to be infallible when its visible leader speaks ex cathedra from Moscow on the subject of economics and politics, and as head pastor of world communism ".

[1] Fulton J. Sheen, Communism and the Conscience of the West, Bobbs-Merril Company, Indianapolis, 1948, pp. 24-25

And, for no reason in particular...

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
Good point. I enjoy the sermons of the Archbishop Fulton Sheen. I find that he was a deep thinker who was ahead of his time. He wasn't afraid to talk about the difficult issues and would use biblical and secular evidence to put forth the word of God.