Cardinal Brandmuller Condemns Synod As Apostasy
Cardinal Walter Brandmüller has condemned the working document (Instrumentum Laboris) of the Amazon Synod as apostasy, i.e., total repudiation of the Christian faith.

Please SIGN this petition now, as a demonstration of support both for Cardinal Brandmüller and for the stand he is taking against heresy and apostasy at the highest levels of the Church.
 https://lifepetitions.com/petition/suppo...s-apostasy

Cardinal Brandmuller Condemns Synod As Apostasy
I'm going to sign it, but, not to be a downer, I don't see how a petition will make any difference. The Holy Father can do whatever he pleases, especially if he maintains his silence on the matter and lets the Cardinals and Bishops push these things through just like communion in the hand and altar-girls forty years ago.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
While I'm all for what his Eminence said and please God may there be more like him, as a lay Catholic I don't sign petitions regarding what the hierarchy should or shouldn't do. The only petitioning I'll do is with a rosary, stepping up my Masses and fasting.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 4 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, Steven, Talmek, The Tax Collector
(10-10-2019, 09:31 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: While I'm all for what his Eminence said and please God may there be more like him, as a lay Catholic I don't sign petitions regarding what the hierarchy should or shouldn't do. The only petitioning I'll do is with a rosary, stepping up my Masses and fasting.

This isn't exactly a 'petition', it's a statement of support. Here's the wording.

Your Eminence,

Thank you for coming to the defense of the Catholic Faith!
We sign this petition as a show of support to you, and also as a declaration of our fidelity to the truths of the Catholic Faith which have been handed on to us.

And you have the right, written into Canon Law,

Canon 212 §2. The Christian faithful are free to make known to the pastors of the Church their needs, especially spiritual ones, and their desires.

§3. According to the knowledge, competence, and prestige which they possess, they have the right and even at times the duty to manifest to the sacred pastors their opinion on matters which pertain to the good of the Church and to make their opinion known to the rest of the Christian faithful, without prejudice to the integrity of faith and morals, with reverence toward their pastors, and attentive to common advantage and the dignity of persons.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Whitey
I signed as soon as I read the article earlier today. 

The ones who speak out against these heresies need to know that they have the support of the faithful - even if they do not get it from their fellow cardinals and bishops.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 2 users Like MyLady's post:
  • Eric F, jovan66102