This is why we will NEVER change the Church back to what it was
Really consider the implications of this image, assuming it is accurate. Everything you've thought about church politics has been incorrect. If you consider the revenue streams for what they are, the Catholic Church is functionally a large health care provider. It is similar to, for instance, University of Maryland Medical System or Johns Hopkins: a hospital network with affiliated universities as a related/secondary source of revenue.

This is the Catholic Church. Its schools, parishes, etc are an afterthought, akin to volunteer work one of those organisations might do. They don't care about your donations or empty pews. It is irrelevant to what their shareholders require. Is it any wonder that they want liberalism in the church? As we can see from our corporations in the US, left wing politics are good for business. Catholic distinctives could only interfere. 

And further, if attendance at every parish in the world dropped to 0 tomorrow, that would amount to a marketing problem at best. It would not affect their ability to survive. You might be doing them a favor because they could restructure and consolidate to be more solvent. And then no more messy church politics or religious views to make the shareholders lives tough! No more conflicts of interest or turning off immigrant, WASP, Jew, and atheist doctors!

What you are seeing in the Church is the same inclusivity effect that turned, for instance, Harvard from a Protestant seminary/school into what it now is. It's simply more profitable to not have an identity.

[Image: cws-infographic-950-2.jpg]
So you're saying Christ has abandoned His Church and the gates of hell have prevailed? Because that is the only conclusion that I can draw from what you have written about the graphic.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(10-12-2019, 02:33 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: So you're saying Christ has abandoned His Church and the gates of hell have prevailed? Because that is the only conclusion that I can draw from what you have written about the graphic.

I think that changing the Church will require an entirely different and creative approach that takes into account the reality of what it is. This battle will not be fought in the pews or by theologians. That is not germane to the nature of this beast. It needs to be changed the way you would change a major health care corporation. How do you do that? I dunno. Has that ever been done before? Maybe some type of health care reform law in a major country like the US could have a desired effect. Either way, as you can see, parish life is not even on the Church's radar.

The problem that we see with woke capitalism is one and the same with the problem in the Church. They are not analogous. They are the same problem. That much is clear.
The church in its human element is screwed, to put it simply. But never forget that the Church is also divine, it will persevere, even if only as a small remnant, until the end of time.

It is true that, humanly speaking, a restoration of the Church is impossible at this point. It will require divine intervention.

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 4 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, josh987654321, jovan66102, MagdalenaRita
(10-12-2019, 02:45 AM)1Faith Wrote: It will require divine intervention.

And probably a major catalyst, it's not until something is in ruins that it can be rebuilt, it's not until Christ suffered His passion and death that he could be resurrected. We cannot experience Mount Tabor without first passing through Golgotha.

Our Lady of Akita says it will be worse then the deluge. I just hope and pray things will be mitigated.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Augustinian
Quote:And probably a major catalyst
I have a feeling judgement is going to fall with a vengeance on Rome...perhaps after this robber synod. That vision of the third secret, a city half in ruins, keeps flashing in my head.

[-] The following 3 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux, josh987654321
To be honest, I kinda feel like long term, the Church's lack of interest in parish life could be a benefit. If individual parishes can stake out a claim through indifference, that's a start. To this end, fssp is the beginning of this, ie, bishops ceding churches in undesirable locations like the ghetto to traditionalists. 

Also, the uneasy but increasingly cordial situation with sspx. They will never denounce them as schismatic and instead continue to make a truce with them because it's simply easier. That situation is still a church within a church, but it beats active persecution of those adhering to tradition
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • Fionnchu
(10-12-2019, 03:38 AM)1Faith Wrote:
Quote:And probably a major catalyst
I have a feeling judgement is going to fall with a vengeance on Rome...perhaps after this robber synod. That vision of the third secret, a city half in ruins, keeps flashing in my head.

I'm with you. I think we're headed 90 miles an hour towards the brick wall we're about to hit. It can't hurt to prepare. Get yourselves some mason jars, as many as possible and fill them with holy water. Stock up on blessed salt and oil, too. Make sure you have them blessed beeswax candles, plus a goodly supply regular, cheaper blessed candles. Just sayin' it can't hurt to be ready.

Oh, and step it up with the masses, confessions and fasting.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • mpk1987
Oh and as for the pic above saying 'the Vatican generates tourist money', those churches and their art are for the honor and glory of God. And for lifting the heart and mind to God. I've been to Rome, and many of the the churches are all dirty and falling apart in disrepair. Few people pray in them. The tourists go through taking pictures like they're in a museum. In many of them, they'll be a guard calling out, "Noo peectures!" 
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Ioannes_L
(10-12-2019, 07:18 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: I've been to Rome, and many of the the churches are all dirty and falling apart in disrepair.

Not the main ones, but yes, some are simply left aside.
I was horrified to see that some of the walls of San Rocco are peeling, that only five out of the twelve stars from Our Lady's halo in Santa Maria della Vittoria are working... this list could go on and on, including many other problems. 
Not to mention San Giuseppe dei falegnami, whose ceiling went down.

It does reminds me the words of Archbishop Lefebvre:
"The Church which tried to become a Church of the poor became a poor Church, obliged to resort to advertising to collect Peter’s Pence, and to sell off its properties."
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 2 users Like Ioannes_L's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux