Why the WOKE Establishment Hates Joker
I haven't seen this film yet, perhaps I will, but for now I am quite fascinated how the media is so split about it. At first I thought it was gonna be another blood fest, but it appears it isn't so bloody in comparison with most other movies out there these days.

PJW uses his usual adult language in quite well directed spite of the MSM's response to the film.

Maybe I'll see this film before it goes on 'Prime' after all.

Nice video this:

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
The wife and I might go see it sometime soon. I'm not a huge comic fan but I am interested
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
It is doing very well at the box office.
But I will decline.  I don't want to watch a movie about the decent into insanity.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta
From what I gather the Joker represents the nihilism of modern man the same way many of Dostoevsky's characters (Smerdykov from Brothers Karamazov to use one example)  did in his 19th century novels. 

Perhaps the Joker is something that the mainstream just doesn't want to face because at heart they know his nihilism directly leads to the violence and meaninglessness and mental illness of modernity.  Joker is a creation of modernity, and by modernity I don't just mean something that popped up in the last few decades but the whole modern project,  something that started at least as far back as the Renaissance.

Jay Dyers vid on it was enough for me.  Like everyone here I grew up in the nihilist modern world and don't desire to watch it.  As I age I have less and less desire to see simulated filth and depravity on the big screen.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 4 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Fionnchu, HailGilbert, Zedta