Moving far away for loved on.
I am interested in a trad woman but she doesn't want to move away from where her family is. Understandable, I wouldn't either but I have (for work reasons). Work is not an acceptable reason for her to leave her area. I am not sure I can find a job that pays as well in her area. Any thoughts or advice?
(10-12-2019, 06:48 PM)Bombero Wrote: I am interested in a trad woman but she doesn't want to move away from where her family is. Understandable, I wouldn't either but I have (for work reasons). Work is not an acceptable reason for her to leave her area. I am not sure I can find a job that pays as well in her area. Any thoughts or advice?

It is not unusual for young women to want to stay closer to family.
So, if you really like her, look for work in her area.  Not half-hearted, unless your interest in her is half-hearted, then make a decision.  I would not move for someone I kinda' like, but for love and marriage, yes, I would.  Also, you might want to talk about how close she wants to be to her family.  20 minute drive?  30 minutes down the interstate?  2 hours?
If this is someone that you think might be The One, perhaps assessing your work-related choices in her area is in order. Or, tangentially, is there some sort of position related to your skillset (in her area) that you could be satisfied with?
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Is it not unusual for families to move for economic reasons?

I have a job that pays well. The area that she lives in is economically depressed and doesn't have my line of work. If I were to move there, it would be starting over (by going into a different career) and that would result in a 2/3rd decrease in my income.
(10-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Bombero Wrote: Is it not unusual for families to move for economic reasons?

I have a job that pays well. The area that she lives in is economically depressed and doesn't have my line of work. If I were to move there, it would be starting over (by going into a different career) and that would result in a 2/3rd decrease in my income.

Valid point.  I don't have an answer.  You have to work and you have to support a family which means you need to make the best money you can.  2/3rds is a huge drop in income.  Is there anything with a couple of hours of her family?  That way you could visit on a regular basis.  Is this something you can discuss with her family as well?  Sort of a 'I really like Mary, I may love her,  but I can't earn enough to support her and children in this area'.....
Maybe time is what you both need.  Time to think and determine whether you should marry, nor not.  
Good luck.  You are in a tough spot.