Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
While I mostly just ignore the problems of the modernists these days, this is an interesting hypothetical situation.  I would say this: the Church has definitively taught that Holy Orders are reserved to men and that she has no authority to confer them on women.  The matter of the Sacrament of Holy Orders must be a male Christian.  Therefore, if a pope were to ever attempt to allow Holy Orders to be conferred on women, he would be committing undeniable public heresy and would, as far as I know, immediately fall from the papal office.  I would think the scenario would play out like this: Pope Liberal I would announce that women can now be admitted to the priesthood.  The remaining faithful prelates will denounce the act and warn that it is heresy.  Pope Liberal I goes ahead and allows the first ordinations.  The remaining faithful prelates declare the papacy to be vacant and elect a new pope.  Pretty general outline but that's pretty much how I think it would go down.  The faithful would then have to choose to follow the new pope and true Catholicism or go along with the former pope and his supporters in the former hierarchy into schism.  Not a pretty scenario, but that is what I think would happen if a pope were to attempt the ordination of women.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by SeekerofChrist - 10-13-2019, 08:36 AM