Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
(10-13-2019, 02:31 PM)MaryTN Wrote: IF the Church is concerned about souls, then this will not happen.
If they are concerned about butts in the seats, it just may happen.  Yes, many will leave, but many will join, join because of women priests - they will enjoy sticking a finger in the eye of the Church, enjoy the downfall of 2000 years.
What would I do if we gain woman priests or deaconesses, yes, I will leave the RCC.  I will go SSPX, no matter the lousy neighborhood the local Church is in.  Orthodox is not for me.
My not-important question is, who gets the Vatican?

One correction: women priests will not put butts in seats.  There has never been a single instance of this happening in any church ever.  Every Pr*testant denomination that has done this has hemorrhaged members.  Women may say that they like the idea, but when it comes to experiencing it in practice, they apparently don't.  In fact, there is no liberal practice that has ever attracted members to a church; it always results in a net loss, and this is one of the most well-established sociological facts of the past 50-60 years.  If you want to know why the Catholic Church would consider going down this path when it is well-worn by the Pr*ds and has such negative results, consider my other thread about how Vatican finances really work.  They do not think of themselves as a religion but an NGO.  Liberal churches may have few members, but they get a lot of ink spilled about them in mainstream newspapers.  Think of how much the NYT writes about denominations like the UCC, despite it having fewer than 900K members.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • MiserereMeiDeus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by Imperator Caesar Trump - 10-13-2019, 02:47 PM