Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
Quote:Do you haven any thoughts on this vague, unclear thing that I am poorly articulating??
Yeah, so, first let's ask ourselves a couple questions. Was the Church not "visible" when it was literally in the catacombs, literally existing underground and clandestinely in peoples homes? Of course it was visible, it was just under persecution. There's no reason that can't happen again.

Now the next question. During the Arian crisis, when the majority of the hierarchy was in heresy, was the Church not visible? Of course it was visible! As St. Athanasius says, they have the buildings we have the faith. We are in a similar situation today, in that the majority of the hierarchy is in heresy. What's worse though, is that the majority of the hierarchy is actually in apostasy, and most horribly, Rome is as well. Even that does not explicitly contradict what was stated infallibly by Vatican 1, as no Conciliar Pope has invoked the extraordinary magisterium to define heresy. I do believe the Holy Ghost will prevent that from ever happening.

So once again, we are in a position where they have the buildings but we have the faith. The Church is still visible, and will remain visible, so long as we have orthodox bishops, orthodox priests, valid masses, and valid sacraments. The hierarchy still exists, materially, even though much of it is in apostasy. As far as I'm aware there is no dogma of the Church that says that church men cannot fall into heresy and apostasy. Here we are. Yes the church can go back to the catacombs and that is in fact where we are going. We are living the third secret of fatima, I keep saying this again and again, and its true! Padre Pio is reported to have said that the third secret reveals that Satan will rule over a false Church in the end times. Here we are. Hold fast the orthodox Catholic faith, the Church will persevere, even if only as a small and persecuted remnant.
[-] The following 4 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • Fionnchu, josh987654321, MiserereMeiDeus, whitewashed_tomb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by 1Faith - 10-13-2019, 03:27 PM