Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
(10-13-2019, 03:27 PM)1Faith Wrote:
Quote:Do you haven any thoughts on this vague, unclear thing that I am poorly articulating??
Yeah, so, first let's ask ourselves a couple questions. Was the Church not "visible" when it was literally in the catacombs, literally existing underground and clandestinely in peoples homes? Of course it was visible, it was just under persecution. There's no reason that can't happen again.

Now the next question. During the Arian crisis, when the majority of the hierarchy was in heresy, was the Church not visible? Of course it was visible! As St. Athanasius says, they have the buildings we have the faith. We are in a similar situation today, in that the majority of the hierarchy is in heresy. What's worse though, is that the majority of the hierarchy is actually in apostasy, and most horribly, Rome is as well. Even that does not explicitly contradict what was stated infallibly by Vatican 1, as no Conciliar Pope has invoked the extraordinary magisterium to define heresy. I do believe the Holy Ghost will prevent that from ever happening.

Being in heresy "in thought" as many clergy are and have been in the past is still different than if the Church went through with allowing ordination of women.  Yes, many priests and bishops seem to be in favor of female ordination, but it isn't a reality yet.

So to me it is a different case when members of the "visible Church" subscribed to the Arian heresy as it would be if female priests were ordained.  Female priests (or even deacons) would be visible to all Catholics, and there would be a direct association:  The visible, Catholic Church, based out of the Vatican and headed by the Pope, would be ordaining women.  From there, it is hard then to discern who the "true" Catholics would be, from an outside perspective at least.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by LionHippo - 10-13-2019, 04:18 PM