Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
(10-14-2019, 11:58 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: But regardless of whether it is heretical or not for the Pope to do it, how can the Catholic Church continue to exist if the average person cannot be certain that they are truly receiving the sacraments or not?  Are we to expect every Catholic to inquire about the line of apostolic succession that led to the priest consecrating the gifts, every time, for every Mass and every confession?  I'm not that concerned about the Pope's intentions or whether he is a heretic or not.  I'm concerned about how the Church can continue to be what it claims to be if participation in the sacraments is not guaranteed.  The question of heresy and intention isn't even in my mind.

I mean, honestly, this already might be prevalent in the Church as it is. Especially in the more "progressive" NO parishes.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by Augustinian - 10-14-2019, 11:01 PM