Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed?
(10-13-2019, 12:07 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I guess I'm not scandalized by Orthodoxy because I chose to become an Old Ritualist. If I lived in Erie I'd attend that Church exclusively and not even go to other Orthodox churches that weren't old rite, doing the home alone thing that I did for the last year or so of my Catholic days when not around an Old Rite Church.  I guess I have the eccentric and hardcore spirit of the Old Believers and probably always have, even when in Rome.
Not to go off on a tangent, but you mentioned "Old Believers".  I grew up around Old Believers in Woodburn, OR and was wondering if they're the same. I'm trying to relate to what you're talking about and want to get the right picture in my head. 

The Old Believers I grew up near spoke a dialect of Russian, wore quite attractive, embroidered flower trimmed tunics and dresses, and were very polite but distant.  They seemed very devout, but I never got any details.  Sound about the same?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetically, would ordination of women mean the gates of hell had prevailed? - by jack89 - 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM