Why Lie?
(10-25-2019, 04:20 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: Devotion to Mary is encouraged by the church. It's not required by any Catechism.

The Four Marian Dogmas of the Catholic Faith.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resou...ian-dogmas
1) Divine Motherhood
2) Perpetual Virginity (before, during and after the birth of Christ)
3) Immaculate Conception (Mary is without original sin)
4) The Assumption

(10-25-2019, 04:20 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: There are countless Catholic devotions, they aren't an obligation.

What other devotion carries those 4 dogmas?

(10-25-2019, 04:20 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: What gives me a shiver up my spine is how quick people are to judge and cast out fellow Catholics simply for not having the same devotion.

Because the Blessed Virgin Mary is not just some optional devotion, she is not just 1 among the saints.

Just as kids need their earthly Mother and Father, we too need our spiritual Mother (Mary) and Father (God). Just as a Mother is not an 'optional extra' as they try to claim these days (gay marriage etc) so too is the Mother of God and all of humanity not some 'optional extra'.

Exodus 20:12
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the Lord your God gives you.

John 19:27
27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”

(10-25-2019, 04:20 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: This is certainly not the will of God for only he can judge and his will is not to divide us. What does Fatima's 3rd secret say about the church being divided from within?

Interesting you bring up Fatima.... you mean 'Our Lady of Fatima' which is another Marian apparition.

(10-25-2019, 04:20 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: The Catholic church does not require me to be devoted to Mary, my priest doesn't require me to have a devotion to Mary. So why do you? 

Because the 10 commandments do, honor thy Mother and Father. God is our Father and...

John 19:27
27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!”

God Bless You
Amen, Josh! As St Bernard of Clairvaux said, 'He who does not honour the Mother, will without doubt dishonour the Son'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
(10-25-2019, 04:42 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I would say the mother of god is kind of a big deal but that's just me. If anybody is going to have a backstage pass to our Lord it's her.

[Image: 7692728d57eb29526b02ecbf671d9620.jpg]

You actually said you couldn't see what the big deal was a few posts ago and now your saying it is a big deal.

I will reiterate again, i'm not telling anyone what to do and am not judging anyone for it.
(10-25-2019, 10:34 PM)Porkncheese Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 04:42 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I would say the mother of god is kind of a big deal but that's just me. If anybody is going to have a backstage pass to our Lord it's her.

[Image: 7692728d57eb29526b02ecbf671d9620.jpg]

You actually said you couldn't see what the big deal was a few posts ago and now your saying it is a big deal.

I will reiterate again, i'm not telling anyone what to do and am not judging anyone for it.
You need to go back and re-read my post I said what's the big deal in regards to having Mary Pray for us. I'm having a hard time understanding why you are rejecting her.

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
(10-25-2019, 10:42 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I'm having a hard time understanding why you are rejecting her.
God Bless

There are several reasons why a Catholic may prefer to pray directly to God. I discussed it all with my priest and he gave me the blessing of the Catholic church to continue praying the way I was and assured me that I was still a Catholic as we are not obliged to pray hail Mary's or to any other particular saint. 

So I am having a hard time understanding why some people are rejecting me. 
Why they think their own opinion is greater than the actual churches. 
Why they feel they have the authority to judge and make demands.

If you reject me as a Catholic that's your opinion. It's certainly not the opinion of my priest or the church
(10-25-2019, 11:11 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: Why they think their own opinion is greater than the actual churches.

Once again, you are misrepresenting people (seems to be a recurring theme, eh?). No one is saying our opinion is greater than the Church's. All we are saying is that we are in total agreement with the Fathers, the Doctors, the great Saints and Masters of the Spiritual life who say you're mistaken. It would seem that you would consider their opinions 'greater than the actual churches (sic)' as well. I think their opinions have been amply quoted in this thread. If you choose to ignore their advice, you do so at the peril of your soul. I will pray for you.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
(10-25-2019, 11:11 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: There are several reasons why a Catholic may prefer to pray directly to God. I discussed it all with my priest and he gave me the blessing of the Catholic church to continue praying the way I was and assured me that I was still a Catholic as we are not obliged to pray hail Mary's or to any other particular saint. 

So I am having a hard time understanding why some people are rejecting me. 
Why they think their own opinion is greater than the actual churches. 
Why they feel they have the authority to judge and make demands.

If you reject me as a Catholic that's your opinion. It's certainly not the opinion of my priest or the church

PnC, if you are truly desirous of the Truth about the Blessed Virgin Mary, then I encourage you to sincerely seek that Truth from the One who is Truth Himself:  Jesus Christ.

Ask Him to show you who Mary is and what importance she has in your personal life.

If you ask in humility and earnestness, you will not be disappointed!  :heart:
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321
(10-26-2019, 03:31 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: PnC, if you are truly desirous of the Truth about the Blessed Virgin Mary, then I encourage you to sincerely seek that Truth from the One who is Truth Himself:  Jesus Christ.

Ask Him to show you who Mary is and what importance she has in your personal life.

Now that is a great piece of advise a person can give to a fellow Catholic.
Thanks I appreciate your sincerity
[-] The following 4 users Like Porkncheese's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321, Sacred Heart lover, whitewashed_tomb
(10-26-2019, 06:03 AM)Porkncheese Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 03:31 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: PnC, if you are truly desirous of the Truth about the Blessed Virgin Mary, then I encourage you to sincerely seek that Truth from the One who is Truth Himself:  Jesus Christ.

Now that is a great piece of advise a person can give to a fellow Catholic.
Thanks I appreciate your sincerity

I would like to give you one last piece of advice: you should also try praying the rosary. You're right, it's not an obligation for you or any Catholic to do so and no one should tell you otherwise. But it is a beautiful, uniquely Catholic devotional practice, and I highly recommend it for the enriching effects it has had on my life.

As you know, I share some of your discomfort about praying to Mary. I often feel like simply praying to Jesus or God the Father directly. But having the daily routine of praying the rosary imbues each day of my life with an extra layer of meaning and joy, not to mention providing me with much needed discipline.

Sure, there are days when I forget to pray the rosary or feel to tired too do so, but I always feel ashamed when I do so and that an essential component (if not THE essential component) is missing from my day. With the rosary, I truly sense that I am building up my spiritual armor to resist temptation, taking spiritual medicine to cleanse my soul of its predilection towards sin, and growing in my relationship with Christ (not only His Mother).

It has become a part of me to the point that I feel nearly naked without my rosary beads. Even though I still sometimes feel skeptical about Marian devotion, the simple act of praying the rosary has helped me to overcome these moments of doubt and frustration, and I think it can help you, too. Please, give the rosary a try. And God bless you.

Edit: typos
Omnia et in omnibus Christus
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitewashed_tomb's post:
  • jovan66102