"From All Sides: Curiosities"
(10-19-2019, 07:38 PM)Zedta Wrote: A very nice piece I found this evening over a bowl of soup:

Quote:(snip)
"Try to find balance amid the current cultural vitriol; amid the lack of charity; in all the din. "

That's the best part right there.  The only way to survive is to remain balanced. 

Nothing is worse than seeing people get tossed to and fro by their emotions, especially when they know nothing about the topics they are getting worked up about.  Most people aren't worth talking to because they aren't capable of a discussion on a level more than skin deep, or without flying into a rage.  

Scary times we live in, but like I've said elsewhere the masses will always be easily manipulated and aren't worth even trying to argue with.  

Like so many of the saints and fathers have said for millennia the greatest battle is within ourselves, in mastering our passions and emotions.  This becomes even more paramount the more the culture (I mean global culture as a whole)  becomes more vitriolic and unhinged.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Catherine, Zedta

Messages In This Thread
"From All Sides: Curiosities" - by Zedta - 10-19-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: "From All Sides: Curiosities" - by formerbuddhist - 10-20-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: "From All Sides: Curiosities" - by Zedta - 10-20-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: "From All Sides: Curiosities" - by Ioannes_L - 10-21-2019, 11:24 AM