RIP
Dear Fishie Friends,

My mother-in-law passed away this morning.  She has been ill for over 45 years, so this isn’t precisely a shock.  

We were estranged but pray continually for her.  I would not speculate on the condition of her soul since I have not spoken to her in about a year now.  However, I do hope that perhaps, in the end, she found her way back to God.  

Unfortunately, my husband has been informed by his father that he is not welcome at the funeral.  This is a very tough pill to swallow.  It makes a painful time all the more so.

Would you please spare a prayer for her, and of course, for all of us?  Our hearts are hurting.

Thank you
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 5 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102, MaryTN, VoxClamantis, Zedta
Prayers for her soul and for you and your family.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(10-22-2019, 06:44 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Dear Fishie Friends,

My mother-in-law passed away this morning.  She has been ill for over 45 years, so this isn’t precisely a shock.  

We were estranged but pray continually for her.  I would not speculate on the condition of her soul since I have not spoken to her in about a year now.  However, I do hope that perhaps, in the end, she found her way back to God.  

Unfortunately, my husband has been informed by his father that he is not welcome at the funeral.  This is a very tough pill to swallow.  It makes a painful time all the more so.

Would you please spare a prayer for her, and of course, for all of us?  Our hearts are hurting.

Thank you

Praying for you guys! That is awful....
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
Pray

Fontevrault,
My condolences to you both. Perhaps have the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered for her?
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Pray
Today is the viewing and we are 1800 miles away and unable to attend.  Tomorrow is a secular "celebration of life."  Please pray for her soul.  

Secular end of life ceremonies make no sense to me at all.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
Pray
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(10-28-2019, 06:13 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Today is the viewing and we are 1800 miles away and unable to attend.  Tomorrow is a secular "celebration of life."  Please pray for her soul.  

Secular end of life ceremonies make no sense to me at all.

She's been in my prayers every night since you first posted, and Pilgrim, you and your family as you have been for a long time.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I'm sorry.  That's very hard.

I couldn't attend my Dad's funeral and won't be able to attend my Mom's either.  

I think the celebration of life service would have been very upsetting for me anyway.  I found some priests to offer up a set of Gregorian Masses for my Dad.  You may want to consider that.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!