Needing to know
I use the pill, but it's not in the way you're thinking it is. It's mainly to keep myself regular and to keep the cramps down because they can be horrific each month. I don't have sex--never have, never will unless I get married, in which case I will immediately get off the pills. My question is, is this licit? I don't want to do anything against Church law, but I don't know how else to ease the monthly doldrums when they come. Any help would be great.
(10-24-2019, 02:09 AM)LittleWay Wrote: I use the pill, but it's not in the way you're thinking it is. It's mainly to keep myself regular and to keep the cramps down because they can be horrific each month. I don't have sex--never have, never will unless I get married, in which case I will immediately get off the pills. My question is, is this licit? I don't want to do anything against Church law, but I don't know how else to ease the monthly doldrums when they come. Any help would be great.

Yes.  You are fine.  You have a medical condition that requires medication. This is a real medical condition.  It hurts quite a bit.  It can prevent you from going to work or school.   This is the primary medication prescribed for this condition.  When it comes time to get married you will need to talk to your doctor for options, but you should also check with a priest to see if you can continue this medication when married.  Sometimes the condition settles down when you get older.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • LittleWay, mpk1987
It's licit to use as medication, but sometimes doctors will prescribe it because they're used to prescribing it, and it treats the symptoms, not the condition, which may be something to talk to your doctor about.
It is licit to use it if you are chaste, but keep in mind that the Pill is very toxic and can have long-lasting effects on your fertility, your mental health, and your weight. The Pill is even classified as a Class 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organization. Most doctors prescribe it as more of a band-aid than a treatment of the actual root of the problem. 

Do your own research on The Pill and educate yourself on its risks and side effects. There are many natural and effective ways to treat PCOS and other severe fertility problems that actually get to the root of the problem. The Pill only suppresses ovulation by putting your body in a state of psudo-pregnancy for years. That just doesn't sound healthy, does it? 

I also struggled with painful cramps and ovarian cysts, but I was able to manage it with Vitex, Flo gummies, and other natural remedies. I am now pregnant with our first baby after 5 months of trying.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

[-] The following 2 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, ServusDei