my old dog
If you think this is foolish, I understand.....
My dog is very, very old.  The vet diagnosed an injured  ligament in her hind leg, just, pop, it happens in old dogs of her breed and size.    There is, at this time no reason to put her to sleep, but we still don't know extent of the ligament damage, partial or compete "snap".  She hurts.  A complete "snap" would require surgery, and she is very, very old.
A little prayer for her comfort, if you don't mind.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102, Zedta
There's nothing silly about praying for the health of a pet. Added to my intentions.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta
Awww, I had a Rottie who popped her ACL before.  So unfortunate, and she was young!  

Now I have an ol' boy who is having difficulty getting up the steps with some arthritis.  Got him some CBD oil and he's doing much better.

May St. Francis, St. John Bosco, and especially St. Roch (my pup is named after him) pray for your companion for comfort and healing in the same way you have been comforted by her warmth and presence in your life.   Heart
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
MaryTN,
it isn't foolish. My dog is fifteen, and arthritic. We give her a medication to somewhat subdue the pain each day in a bit of cheese, and these days I carry her up the stairs when it's time to come in. That's how it may be with elderly pets. I'll add this to my Rosary intentions.

Pray
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • Zedta
Definitely added to my intentions. It hurts to see a beloved pet in pain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LittleWay's post:
  • Zedta
My two dogs are in middle age and they are beginning to show it. I've had many dogs over the years and loved them all. One thing I enjoy about my parish is that our priest is a dog lover too and he has is own dog 'Buddy', a boxer. He has kept up a tradition here for the annual blessing of pets and they all receive a St. Francis medal too. I'd recommend your dog be blessed in the Franciscan blessing. I certainly couldn't hurt and I will pray for your dear pet too.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Prayers my friend.  I love dogs.  My old hound died just after my birthday in '18 and even with him having cancer I gave him comfort care, carried him outside for fresh air when his legs gave out and in general took care of him till the end.  I still tear up thinking of him.  Dogs are part of the family.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon