Liturgical November
Is anyone else here really excited for “Catholic November?”

Not only is fall my favorite season but November also happens to be my favorite month on the liturgical calendar.

I love the various feast days and the obscure ones (like All Holy Relics), visiting cemeteries, praying for the deceased, etc. especially at this time of year.

November is my favorite month to “breathe” the Catholic faith. Also my favorite month due to it being my patron name Saint’s feast day (St Catherine of Alexandria).

Enjoy the quiet before being led into Advent. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 5 users Like Sequentia's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Florus, Jeeter, VoxClamantis
Yes! I'm a "Fall person" and love Autumn a whole heckuva lot. The feasts we have in this time -- Michaelmas (with St. Michael being one of my patrons), the Days of the Dead (including Hallowe'en, which I love*), the angels, St. Francis (another patron of mine), the Feast of Christ the King (!) -- are some of the best. 

*I get so annoyed with the Hallowe'en-hating some Christians display. I totally get that Hallowe'en *can* be done way, way wrong (and usually is among secular adults, with genuinely occultic overtones, and their Sexy Nurse and Sexy Everything Else costumes), but it doesn't have to be that way at all. It should, though, be creepy, IMO, and I love the kids in costumes, the candy, etc. Such fun... (the FE page on Hallowe'en: https://www.fisheaters.com/customstimeaf...t12aa.html )
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 3 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Jeeter
(10-25-2019, 11:21 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Yes! I'm a "Fall person" and love Autumn a whole heckuva lot. The feasts we have in this time -- Michaelmas (with St. Michael being one of my patrons), the Days of the Dead (including Hallowe'en, which I love*), the angels, St. Francis (another patron of mine), the Feast of Christ the King (!) -- are some of the best. 

*I get so annoyed with the Hallowe'en-hating some Christians display. I totally get that Hallowe'en *can* be done way, way wrong (and usually is among secular adults, with genuinely occultic overtones, and their Sexy Nurse and Sexy Everything Else costumes), but it doesn't have to be that way at all. It should, though, be creepy, IMO, and I love the kids in costumes, the candy, etc. Such fun... (the FE page on Hallowe'en: https://www.fisheaters.com/customstimeaf...t12aa.html )
I love Halloween, but I'm also weird and love horror and stuff too, it's an even more exciting holiday now that I have kids.

I love Autumn, the colors, the temperatures, and, as you said, the feast days are awesome as well. Unfortunately, it only lasts maybe a month or so before about 5-6 months of Winter where I'm at.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • VoxClamantis
I've never thought about Catholic November, but then, I'm still learning a lot about the Church's traditions.  Darn post V2 education, lol.

Kidding aside, October and November are my favorite months.  From a Catholic perspective: all Saints Day, Hallowe'en, praying for the departed (in particular my father, "stepfather", both grandfathers, a couple passed friends), Thanksgiving (not Catholic but we put a Catholic spin on it), preparation for Advent.  From a non-Catholic perspective: deer archery season, late season foraging for chanterelles and cauliflower shrooms, Oktoberfest brews, and a reason to smoke a turkey.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • VoxClamantis
(10-25-2019, 12:09 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I love Autumn, the colors, the temperatures, and, as you said, the feast days are awesome as well. Unfortunately, it only lasts maybe a month or so before about 5-6 months of Winter where I'm at.

I'm way south of you. and we're expecting measurable snow on Monday.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe