What happens to the souls of Catholic Answers Forums posters when they die?
Title is a joke please no accusations of being a toxic trad.  Also, I do not post there so this isn't a vent session.  I just happened upon the thread about the Amazon Synod and was amazed at what I read.  I watched as the Francis crowd got demolished point by point on defense of the Pachamamamnanahajamba statue.  The conversation seemed to peter out with statements like the following about the actions of the brave men who threw the idol into the river.  When it was brought up that Moses, for instance, wasn't exactly thrilled about the golden calf and did something about it, the response was:

Quote:There may be a point there, but the main issues as I see it is one of who gets to decide? I would be very hard pressed to justify comparing these perpetrators to Moses or Christ. I just don’t see where they think they got the authority as they are neither prophet nor Messiah. Now if one of them actually in fact got their marching orders from a burning bush (or equivalent - I am not that picky), then I could agree.

I obviously can’t speak for all, but I in no way consider myself to be on a par with either of them and know that there are many things they did that are not OK for me to do.

Think about what this post is really saying and its implications for morality.  Imagine this CAF poster kidnapping you, standing above you as you are bound and gagged, knife in his hand.  He whispers into your ear, above your muffled screams, "I don't know if I should kill you or not.  You see, Jesus Himself has not parted the clouds at this moment to tell me whether this is wrong or not.  I mean, the way I'm about to stab you *seems* like murder, but who am I to decide that?  I haven't gotten any direct orders, and what I am doing may just *appear* to be murder, when I am in fact only moving my arm back and forth with a knife in my hand.  Who can say?  Who am I to judge?"  He slips the knife into you side and you begin to black out as he comforts you by saying, "Look, at least I'm not being one of those recalcitrant toxic trads!  They would have made some sort of private moral judgement like a damn Protestant and decided 'hurr look at me murder is wrong I'm as good as the pope!' This is for the best... I'm not a prophet after all." 

I don't know what is to be done with a person this morally retarded.  I am not sure they should be allowed in society in the capacity of an adult.  Is this just the fruit of post-modern ambiguous conciliar church morality?  If so, it is an exemplar of what the social justice crowd hopes to instill in people generally: Someone with so little grounding that they can only look to their leaders or the Twitter crowd to know if their shoes are tied or if 1+1 is still 2.  I wouldn't trust myself, let alone a child, around someone who is this confused about the clearest aspects of morality.  You can justify literally anything like this.  Even clear exemplars from both testaments in Scripture in connection with the *first* commandment isn't enough. 

If I were a Protestant, I would dedicate a whole sermon to this post to illustrate the horrors of clericalism in the Catholic Church.  I mean, there are people like this who actually exist!  If the Pope told them to commit murder they would actually do it!
[-] The following 5 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, jovan66102, LionHippo, Zedta
Moral relativism has infiltrated little every nook and cranny of our culture. Many look at this from pure subjectivism, even trads, and then formulate their own conception of whether it was a just or moral act. Obviously we just have to look at the VERY FIRST of the Ten Commandments and see that idolatry is wrong, therefore, the removal of an idol from the Holy Place is just on a supernatural level. Unfortunately, there are those, like the individual you quoted, who will still go with their own moral compass regardless of the Commandments and will only discern a righteous act if it is done with some explicit supernatural backing rather than out of loyalty to the Law which has been written on the hearts of men.

I would recommend just avoiding CAF. Say your piece, if you must, but then shake the dust from your heels and move on. No one wants to be convinced of anything outside of affirmations of their own relativistic morality.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Ioannes_L, jovan66102, Zedta
My first CAF account was banned (well, a 1000 year suspension) after 3 or 4 suspensions. With my new account, I've already been suspended 3 times. The supposed reasons for getting suspended are becoming more plentiful.

Last time I remarked that a CAF member who was a priest gave bad advice. I did not attack him personally. But got a 2-week suspension anyway.

But to answer your question, most CAF members are probably Baronistas who are all going to heaven.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • jovan66102
I can't believe I have to be the one to do this. 

Everyone knows the answer to the question. All dogs go to Heaven.

It's a joke, I think it's fairly amusing. I'm not serious, I know the people at CA are people and not dogs. Whether they know that is another question entirely.
It's both aggravating and sad to be sure...but they can't help it really.  They don't know the Catholic faith.  They were taught another religion.

I posted this in another Splashamama thread:

Quote:If only Fr. Martin and friends had been around to enlighten the missionaries and martyrs there was no need for their deaths!  They only needed to "dialogue" after all.  What a waste!   Their lives might have been saved.  (never mind their souls)

If only he had been there to tell Jesus that He didn't need to die!  He only needed to "dialogue".  He didn't need to die after all!

Perhaps this is preposterous to our ears, but my ex-husband who attended 16 years of Catholic schools, kindergarten through university level, and had very "conservative" parents told my kids that they could lie if they were threatened with death for adhering to the Faith, and Jesus would forgive them later.  I tried to explain why that was so very wrong and he exclaimed, "Jesus wouldn't want anyone to die for Him!"  [Image: sad.gif]

He is an example of the CAF posters you are dealing with.  He didn't know the 10 Commandments.  He never heard of mortal sin or presumption.  He didn't know about Purgatory.  He thought all nice people go to Heaven...

The saddest part is that people who were "raised Catholic" and went to "Catholic" schools think they know the faith and we are the ones living in darkness. :(

And it worries me a bit about my destiny because to whom much is given...