Brazilian Figa
Can someone with more knowledge tell me about this?  I was given one, and I don't know whether it is inappropriate for a Catholic to own.
A picture maybe? The only 'figa' I know are both inappropriate, a hand gesture, and an off-colour word in Italian for an intimate portion of the female anatomy.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(10-28-2019, 12:16 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: A picture maybe? The only 'figa' I know are both inappropriate, a hand gesture, and an off-colour word in Italian for an intimate portion of the female anatomy.

[Image: Figa-2-Livres-de-Todo-Mal-213x300.jpg]
Here you go, the one owned by the OP might be different in style, but the shape is the same.

It's used as a good luck amulet, sometimes found attached to an evil eye and /or a chilli pepper.
Is it inappropriate for a Catholic to own one?
Maybe.
Is it inappropriate for a Catholic to use one?
Certainly.
Ite ad Ioseph
(10-28-2019, 01:11 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 12:16 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: A picture maybe? The only 'figa' I know are both inappropriate, a hand gesture, and an off-colour word in Italian for an intimate portion of the female anatomy.

[Image: Figa-2-Livres-de-Todo-Mal-213x300.jpg]
Here you go, the one owned by the OP might be different in style, but the shape is the same.

It's used as a good luck amulet, sometimes found attached to an evil eye and /or a chilli pepper.
Is it inappropriate for a Catholic to own one?
Maybe.
Is it inappropriate for a Catholic to use one?
Certainly.

Thanks, that is almost exactly what I have.  I didn't know what it was, I got it as a gift.  I'll probably get rid of it.