Infants Who Die Without Baptism
(11-03-2019, 06:05 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: Guess I am late to this party, but I didn't see any discussion about the folks born before Christ (i.e. Moses, Elijah, etc). Where did those folks end up? They weren't baptized in the sense that we think to my knowledge. Yet, we do know that Moses appeared to Jesus when He went to pray before His death.

I think perhaps there are just some things God wants to keep a mystery from us and there is probably a good reason for that.

Don't we profess that Christ descended into hell?  What do you think he was up to there?  Tradition tells us that he was freeing the souls of the just who waited there in anticipation for his coming, and their release into heaven.

In the liturgical celebration surrounding the Sacrament of Baptism, we hear about going under the water and coming out being a symbol of dying and rising with Christ.  The reason those just did not require Baptism is they literally died already and rose with Christ.
[-] The following 2 users Like yablabo's post:
  • jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover
Yes, we do profess that "He descended into Hell." Not disagreeing there. All I was trying to get as was that under extrodinary circumstances it does appear God can shield a soul from eternal suffering if He so wills.
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • Eric F