What do you use for Health Insurance?
Hey All, my husband is self employed so we have to purchase private health insurance. We've been using Solidarity Healthshare but they just increased our monthly premiums and raised our deductible, and it looks like we'll no longer be able to afford them. My husband desperately needs some dental work done, and I'm going on 11 weeks pregnant with our first baby and had to cancel my bloodwork appointment today because solidarity wouldn't cover it. I'm just feeling very desperate and confused and don't know what we're going to do to make sure we're all healthy. Anyone have any suggestions for affordable healthcare providers? Thanks. 

Also, I tried to get on Medicaid but because my husband is self employed, they denied me coverage. It's like that in Texas I guess.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(11-04-2019, 01:47 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Hey All, my husband is self employed so we have to purchase private health insurance. We've been using Solidarity Healthshare but they just increased our monthly premiums and raised our deductible, and it looks like we'll no longer be able to afford them. My husband desperately needs some dental work done, and I'm going on 11 weeks pregnant with our first baby and had to cancel my bloodwork appointment today because solidarity wouldn't cover it. I'm just feeling very desperate and confused and don't know what we're going to do to make sure we're all healthy. Anyone have any suggestions for affordable healthcare providers? Thanks. 

Also, I tried to get on Medicaid but because my husband is self employed, they denied me coverage. It's like that in Texas I guess.
Medicaid is based on income.  Different states have different income requirements.
We always used Blue Cross/Blue Shield, but it was expensive and I assume more so nowadays.  In my state I have heard good things about Farm Bureau.  Each state is different.
There should be some type of government/county clinics you can use as a pregnant woman until you get on your feet.  Call around.  Maybe your church will have some information for you.
(11-04-2019, 01:47 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Hey All, my husband is self employed so we have to purchase private health insurance. We've been using Solidarity Healthshare but they just increased our monthly premiums and raised our deductible, and it looks like we'll no longer be able to afford them. My husband desperately needs some dental work done, and I'm going on 11 weeks pregnant with our first baby and had to cancel my bloodwork appointment today because solidarity wouldn't cover it. I'm just feeling very desperate and confused and don't know what we're going to do to make sure we're all healthy. Anyone have any suggestions for affordable healthcare providers? Thanks. 

Get cash based pricing.  You might find that the cost of medical treatment you actually use per year is less than medical insurance premiums.

I have been uninsured and on a self-pay basis since 2006.  It's extremely nice not to have to tangle with medical insurance premiums and co-pay/deductible nightmares. Also, now that the "shared responsibility" portion of the PPACA has been blocked by executive order, you don't even have to pay that for being uninsured anymore.