The Latin Mass becomes a cult of toxic tradition
(11-06-2019, 05:46 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: The TLM as imagined in this woman's feeble brain:

[Image: EIuHDh7XsAEMFjT?format=jpg&name=small]

Knowing the original reference poster ("Reefer Madness"), makes this one of the best memes in recent memory!
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Fionnchu
(11-05-2019, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:23 PM)Florus Wrote: "For example, the color red was forbidden to be worn in the church"

Anyone know where they got this from?

Sounds like from the veiling conversation reported (methinks Joe Biden put on a cassock), she just was around some very bizarre independent chapels, not "the Latin Mass".

Nope. It turns out it was a Mass for the Canonisation of Blessed Emperor Karl of Austria-Hungary at St Mary Mother of God Church in DC. Not some bizarre independent chapel, so I'm guessing it was made up out of whole cloth by of her sick and twisted, fevered imagination. In fact, if I didn't know her presence at the Mass was verified, I'd think she made up the whole thing as a hit piece.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert
Along the same lines, Beans Faggioli says that since the young man who threw the idols into the Tiber has pictures online of Cardinal Burke, Bishop Schneider, and the TLM, there is a 'serious problem' with Traditionalism.

Seems to me the real problem is the toleration of idol worship by Francis and his lickspittle toadies like Beans.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian
(11-06-2019, 07:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:23 PM)Florus Wrote: "For example, the color red was forbidden to be worn in the church"

Anyone know where they got this from?

Sounds like from the veiling conversation reported (methinks Joe Biden put on a cassock), she just was around some very bizarre independent chapels, not "the Latin Mass".

Nope. It turns out it was a Mass for the Canonisation of Blessed Emperor Karl of Austria-Hungary at St Mary Mother of God Church in DC. Not some bizarre independent chapel, so I'm guessing it was made up out of whole cloth by of her sick and twisted, fevered imagination. In fact, if I didn't know her presence at the Mass was verified, I'd think she made up the whole thing as a hit piece.

She reports the comments of the priest who told he she had nice hair and would look good in a veil came on a Sunday after she had been "semi-regularly" attending a Mass:

Quote:After almost leaving the church as a teenager, I chose to stay Catholic by practicing my faith as a free agent — belonging to no parish, attending different churches for Sunday Mass. On one instance, a priest noticed I was showing up semi-regularly and approached me with a persuasive speech to convert me to the Latin Mass faction — disguising discrimination as encouragement. "You should come to the Latin Mass instead and wear a veil. Women look the most beautiful in church when they are veiled," he tried to persuade. "The long veils are the best kind — the really long ones, past the shoulders. I recommend that for you — you have such pretty red hair, but it would even look nicer if you wore a veil over it. I think the long kind would be best for you."

That wasn't at the Mass for Bl. Karl. I'd guess that was much later, and this piece, as well as the scenes she made at the Mass for Bl. Karl were because of a combination of some weird place where she was exposed to traditional Catholicism (perhaps by teenage/college friends), and then her self-professed independent attitude and feminist-background.

I know Rorate reported that she was at that Mass for Bl. Karl, but it doesn't line up with her description of this odd conversation. It also could be a made up conversation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • antiquarian
(11-06-2019, 08:48 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: It also could be a made up conversation.

I'm going with this. As I said, if Rorate hadn't witnessed a 'scene', I would assume it was entirely fictitious, designed as a hit piece on the TLM and Traditionalists in general.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(11-06-2019, 08:24 AM)Jeeter Wrote: My oldest daughter and I had a blast re-writing and commenting on this article.  Some excerpts:

(11-05-2019, 05:32 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Whew, boy! This is a doozie and a half. Maybe even two doozies. Or more. Ready? Big breath, folks! From National Catholic Reporter:

That explains it.
Quote:The Latin Mass becomes a cult of toxic tradition
Nov 5, 2019
by Susan from the Parish Council

One culture within the Catholic Church needing major reform is that surrounding the practice of the Novus Ordo Mass.

In a previous era, the Latin Mass was merely a uniform and standard way of celebrating the liturgy in the United States. In the wake of un-needed reforms instituted by the Second Vatican Council, the NO Mass has become a rallying point for culture destroying aging hippies within the church.

Quote:
Although it may be offered reverently, the NO Mass fosters disunity, and at times,  sacrilege in the church. The liturgy — spoken in modern local dialect  — ensures visitors of the Faith from other nations won't understand a flippin' thing. The priest faces the people for most of the ceremony, reminiscent of family reunions. Instead of occasional responses, allowing the priest to lead in worship and offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the congregation plays a hyperactive part in worship, to include clapping, shaking hands, talking, and singing songs sounding like Gordon Lightfoot covers. The altar rail has been removed because, you know, expecting people to show reverence and not play around at the altar is like, rigid or judgmental, or something

Quote:
Instead of a unifying form of worship, the NO Mass has become an instrument of oppression and a gathering point for schismatic hippies. 

Meanwhile, the NO "tradition" empowers womyn. Womyn are expected to wear mini-skirts and booty shorts instead of dressing modestly.  Similar rules exist for the men, who can often be seen in Birkenstocks and team jerseys, depending upon which sport is in season. It is asinine and not the type of attire one would wear to a job interview past 15 years old, and therefore the misinterpretation of the NO Mass actively endorses irreverence. 

Quote:
In most cases, it is useless to politely disagree with people in the NO Mass sect. Their attitude creates blindness — not only to true faith, but to their own behavior.

Anyone who may accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about — a favorite indictment of the NO Mass ideologues — would be wrong. My opinion is based on facts and personal experiences.

Quote:
The NO Mass rears its patchouli smelling head in this unholy history at several points.

Quote:
Womyn look the most beautiful in a vibrant faith community when they dress however their inner Pachamama inspires them," he tried to persuade.

Great Dad move, Jeeter!  

You bonded with your daughter, used humor and taught an object lesson.  :salute:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Jeeter
Urgh. That read more like an angry diary entry. A few of my thoughts:

She says that men have no regulations on what they wear. Anyone with eyes and the willingness to observe knows that men (excepting the priest or bishop at certain times) are NOT to wear hats in the sanctuary. They also dress modestly too- covered shoulders, legs, no revealing fabrics or clingy athletic wear. Modesty is for everyone! How did she think that lie was passable?

I frequently wear red to latin mass, and on some occasions, the priest does too.

If veils physically obscure female beauty, I wonder what she'd think if I said makeup physically obscures female appearances. Adding things can sometimes *enhance* you know? I have never been able to be invisible while wearing a veil, but if I could I'd make that work to my advantage :) But that's not why I veil anyway. Why does anyone's beauty, male or female, matter anyway when you're trying to worship? No one is there to be seen or for anyone else. Priest included.

I am a redhead. The author is a redhead. Yet it's strange to her that a ghostly person would want to cover as much skin as possible? I hate sunscreen, and I hate melanoma, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Jokes aside, I found her attitude toward the professor's wife and her friend that went trad disturbing. She assumed that no woman could possibly want to do these things unless they are being controlled or abused, infantilizing and insulting the intelligence of women whose religious practices she doesn't understand. 

Realistically speaking, at a latin mass where many young families are present, most women are too busy with their own rowdy children to worry themselves with what others wear. I know I am :LOL:

I have never, ever understood why it is so meaningful and important to people to receive the Eucharist in their hands. Really, what meaning does it have to them? 

I'm honestly too tired to comment on it all. I don't mind discussing these things with people who disagree, but it's pointless to engage someone coming to the table with so much umbrage and bitterness. I'll just put on my veil and hide from them :P
[-] The following 4 users Like Catherine's post:
  • antiquarian, Imperator Caesar Trump, josh987654321, SacraCor714
Mark Shea would approve of this nonsense. 

Her arrogance is exactly why so many young people are flocking to Tradition. And if you bothered to read the article (hopefully you didn't, unless you needed a laxative), that was one thing she could not mock and sneer into dismissal--why so many youth are drawn to the beauty of Tradition. We mock what we do not understand, and we loathe the beauty we cannot have. 

I imagine she is an overweight, slovenly, single cat lady who plays video games late into the night and has nothing better to do than compose hit pieces on her laptop in between Netflix binges  :D :rolleyes:
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • antiquarian
(11-07-2019, 12:17 AM)Catherine Wrote: I have never, ever understood why it is so meaningful and important to people to receive the Eucharist in their hands. Really, what meaning does it have to them?

Pride. Receiving on the tongue, from the priest (who gets to touch the Eucharist with his hands) says that something important is going on, this is not just ordinary food, and the priest - who, of course, is a man - gets to do something you don't. All of that is anathema to the modern liberal feminist, who rejects any distinction between men and women, and the distinction between clergy and laity. Receiving in the hand for someone like this is a rejection of all things pre-Vatican II, and an embrace of the Church's openness to the world since then. If I can't receive in the hand, then Mass isn't about me anymore and what I get out of it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Paul's post:
  • antiquarian, Imperator Caesar Trump, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae, SacraCor714
(11-07-2019, 12:34 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I imagine she is an overweight, slovenly, single cat lady who plays video games late into the night and has nothing better to do than compose hit pieces on her laptop in between Netflix binges  :D :rolleyes:

Actually, I did a bit of research on her looks. She's a reasonably attractive redhead. I can't speak to her weight, since they were all head shots that I found.

Fr Zed did a bit more in depth research. Here's what he found,

Quote:To be fair, I checked on her a little bit with some searches and found much to commend!  She is clearly smart and, for the most part, has some good positions on a number of important issues.  I was happy to see her positive comments about women taking an NRA course to become familiar with handguns.  HERE  She also likes baseball, which is never bad.  She needs some course corrections in matters Catholic, however.

It just shows the monomania of modernist heretics. They may be normal in most ways but they have an irrational hatred of anything Catholic.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe