Neocon Ben Shapiro Called Out for His Blasphemy Against Jesus
(11-07-2019, 01:16 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: I can see both sides to what happened there.

The question and response both could've been a little better IMO. I would just want to know what he thought about that comment and whether he had mentioned it to Ben Shapiro or tried to educate Ben Shapiro a little on the subject. 

That's just it...he refused to answer the question and kept changing the subject to a straw man.

Quote:Pontius Pilate wanted to set Him free and said that he found no charge against Him, so He was not crucified for starting a rebellion against the Romans. 

Right, so what Ben Shapiro said is both not factual and incredibly insulting to Christians as well as to Our Lord.

Quote:We also don't have blasphemy laws, if someone blasphemes Our Lord I make sure not to laugh in whatever joking context it was in and immediately say to myself "Blessed be thy name." and if it's someone close I'll probably say something to them about it.

True.  We don't need to call the police or anything.

Yet it should be common courtesy not to use Jesus' name as a swear word.

We don't go around saying, "Oh Mohammed!" or "Damn Jews" when something goes wrong.  If we did, I'm sure someone would correct us and ask us to show minimal respect for others.

We are such wusses!  We've been cucked.   Crazy!
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(11-07-2019, 01:40 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: We don't go around saying, "Oh Mohammed!" or "Damn Jews" when something goes wrong.  If we did, I'm sure someone would correct us and ask us to show minimal respect for others.

I wish! At the very least you'd lose your job and livelihood. In some places you would either go to jail or be killed.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
Old School
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(11-06-2019, 12:57 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Jesus is not a common criminal:

If the statement attributed to Ben Shapiro is something Ben Shapiro really said, then it sounds like a foolish error, not a blasphemy.  From what I've read and heard Ben Shapiro say, he is always very careful not to say things which could be construed as offensive to "christians", so I have a hard time accepting the attribution without a citation.

...and While we all know that sadly he is a jew, that doesn't mean he has an monopoly on error and immorality, as if jews were somehow the most foul beings on earth.  We should consider that once-catholics who cut themselves off from membership in the Mystical Body of Christ are far worse.
(11-07-2019, 08:36 PM)yablabo Wrote: If the statement attributed to Ben Shapiro is something Ben Shapiro really said, then it sounds like a foolish error, not a blasphemy.  From what I've read and heard Ben Shapiro say, he is always very careful not to say things which could be construed as offensive to "christians", so I have a hard time accepting the attribution without a citation.

...and While we all know that sadly he is a jew, that doesn't mean he has an monopoly on error and immorality, as if jews were somehow the most foul beings on earth.  We should consider that once-catholics who cut themselves off from membership in the Mystical Body of Christ are far worse.

Well, it's always good to fact check.  I had already seen the interview so I knew it was true.

Ben Shapiro said it on the Joe Rogan podcast.

The thing is that the Talmud describes Jesus as burning in excrement for all eternity and that Mary was a whore and that it's okay to have sex with a girl under three years and one day and a mom can have sex with her 9 year old son.

Why don't we know about this?  They are taught to lie to non-jews.

Does that make all Jews bad people?  Absolutely not!

Most Jews are like most Catholics who grew up in a religion they never really learned.  

But you can bet that if I, as an adult, took it upon myself to read the Catechism and it said pedophilia is okay, I'd be gone in flash!

So are all Jews our enemy?

Absolutely not!

Just like with Islam, they are not all bad people, but their religion, is most definitely our enemy.  Both Judaism and Islam see Christianity as the enemy and both have holy texts that say we should be killed.

For more on that see the info on the Noahide laws in this thread:

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=85498

At least with Islam, they see Jesus as a prophet and they don't spit whenever His name is uttered!

Praise be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102
Quote:Yablablo...and While we all know that sadly he is a jew, that doesn't mean he has an monopoly on error and immorality, as if jews were somehow the most foul beings on earth.  We should consider that once-catholics who cut themselves off from membership in the Mystical Body of Christ are far worse.

You're right!
And just to be clear, this is not about a race or people....this is about ideas, beliefs and deceptions.
Ben Shapiro is clearly well-read and quotes from the Talmud and other Jewish books containing these horrible things.
Ben Shapiro acts like a friend to Christians, but he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

-Our Lady of La Salette

(11-06-2019, 11:10 AM)jack89 Wrote: I see where the guy asking the question, Vincent James from the Red Elephant YouTube Channel, is coming from.  

I happen to like Matt Walsh's show, but he failed to answer Vincent's question.  He could have come up with a better answer than that.

I think there's fault on both sides here.

First, I appreciate the offense that the questioner takes. His heart is in the right place, but he's a bit over-sensitive to the comment by Ben.

Not that the comment is a good way of putting it, but this is a common retort in classical apologetics. We throw out the possibility (because it is an argument some rationalists made and make) that Jesus was a political agitator and religious activist who was put to death for his religious ideas and political views. We then reply with why this is not a possibility, but if we're going to even respond in such a case, then it must have some basis for assertion to begin with, else it would be blasphemy to even present the apologetic.

Is Ben's way of putting it too callous and dismissive? Yes. Blasphemy? No.

Matt's retort has some points, but he gets far to argumentative, far too fast. I think he thought that the guy was a liberal out to argue with him over nothing, rather than a Catholic who was offended. Matt's non answer makes him look foolish.

There was a far better way of approaching this.

Matt could have said: "I don't agree with Ben on that, obviously. I don't think that Ben was intending to blaspheme Christ. He's pretty respectful towards Christians, and of course he rejects the claims that Christ was God, so it's not a false statement in his mind, but it's not blasphemy. That said, I don't think it's a good idea to refuse to work for someone with whom I may disagree on certain points, or who offends me in those points of disagreements, else we could not work for most people in this world."

To reply to the man's ire he could have then said, "Will I tell (or I have told) Ben that he really should be a bit more sensitive towards Christ and Christianity and those words are somewhat offensive? You betcha."

He could have even said, "Listen, do I want Ben to become a Catholic? Yes. Do I think refusing to work for him and condemning him for stupid somewhat offensive remarks like that one are going to help him embrace Catholicism one day? No. So, my judgement call is that I can do more good tolerating that kind of thing, both to help us defend against the secular liberal threat and towards helping him see Catholicism as worthy of his attention, than calling him out and resigning. That's my call, you can think it's the wrong one, but that's what my conscience says is the right thing to do here."

Instead Matt went immediately into attack mode, and thus flubbed his chance at a good answer.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102
Quote:Yablablo:  From what I've read and heard Ben Shapiro say, he is always very careful not to say things which could be construed as offensive to "christians"

Yes...that's just it though. sad

He has made that statement about Jesus several other times as well.  Of course no Christians have called him out on his blatant historical inaccuracy  (read:  slander) because we are all asleep and afraid to offend.  (read:  cucked)

He is well aware of what the New Testament says as he quotes from that too.

He is a neocon who desperately wants the US to go to war with Iran for Israel and his job is to get the "conservative Christians" to go along with that plan.

Quote:MM:  That said, I don't think it's a good idea to refuse to work for someone with whom I may disagree on certain points, or who offends me in those points of disagreements, else we could not work for most people in this world."

I agree with your points about how our goal to evangelize rather than raise ire and win arguments.

I also wondered about the "working for someone" who offends Jesus situation as going overboard.

This particular situation is different than most because Ben Shapiro isn't just a car dealer or shop owner Matt works for.

Ben Shapiro is neocon who is pushing for a false "Judeo-Christian" conservative party.

"Judeo-Christian" is an oxymoron and Ben is a wolf in sheep's clothing deceiving Christians.

-Our Lady of La Salette

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian
(11-07-2019, 01:40 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
Quote:We also don't have blasphemy laws, if someone blasphemes Our Lord I make sure not to laugh in whatever joking context it was in and immediately say to myself "Blessed be thy name." and if it's someone close I'll probably say something to them about it.

True.  We don't need to call the police or anything.

Yet it should be common courtesy not to use Jesus' name as a swear word.

We don't go around saying, "Oh Mohammed!" or "Damn Jews" when something goes wrong.  If we did, I'm sure someone would correct us and ask us to show minimal respect for others.

We are such wusses!  We've been cucked.   Crazy!

Blasphemy laws or not, it still is far more grave than any human law since it's an eternal offense against God.

I personally am partial to "Damn the Devil!"  Big Grin
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.' - Lamentations 1:16

[Image: LaSaletteTears.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(11-07-2019, 09:45 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: "Judeo-Christian" is an oxymoron ...
Not so much an oxymoron as just plain false. All that was true and good from Old Testament Judaism is incorporated in Christianity, and we certainly don't want Talmudic values. I never use the term. I call our civilisation what it truly is, Græco-Roman Catholic. It encompasses Greek philosophy and Roman Law, melded into the Catholic synthesis. All of Western civilisation is still living off the whiff of the empty bottle of it.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, Paul, Sacred Heart lover