Neocon Ben Shapiro Called Out for His Blasphemy Against Jesus
(11-07-2019, 11:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 09:45 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: "Judeo-Christian" is an oxymoron ...
Not so much an oxymoron as just plain false. All that was true and good from Old Testament Judaism is incorporated in Christianity, and we certainly don't want Talmudic values. I never use the term. I call our civilisation what it truly is, Græco-Roman Catholic. It encompasses Greek philosophy and Roman Law, melded into the Catholic synthesis. All of Western civilisation is still living off the whiff of the empty bottle of it.

Yes.

How can the two religions be an alliance when one side wants to kill or enslave the entire population of the other?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(11-07-2019, 08:48 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 08:36 PM)yablabo Wrote: If the statement attributed to Ben Shapiro is something Ben Shapiro really said, then it sounds like a foolish error, not a blasphemy.  From what I've read and heard Ben Shapiro say, he is always very careful not to say things which could be construed as offensive to "christians", so I have a hard time accepting the attribution without a citation.

...and While we all know that sadly he is a jew, that doesn't mean he has an monopoly on error and immorality, as if jews were somehow the most foul beings on earth.  We should consider that once-catholics who cut themselves off from membership in the Mystical Body of Christ are far worse.

Well, it's always good to fact check.  I had already seen the interview so I knew it was true.

Ben Shapiro said it on the Joe Rogan podcast.

The thing is that the Talmud describes Jesus as burning in excrement for all eternity and that Mary was a whore and that it's okay to have sex with a girl under three years and one day and a mom can have sex with her 9 year old son.

Why don't we know about this?  They are taught to lie to non-jews.

Does that make all Jews bad people?  Absolutely not!

Most Jews are like most Catholics who grew up in a religion they never really learned.  

But you can bet that if I, as an adult, took it upon myself to read the Catechism and it said pedophilia is okay, I'd be gone in flash!

So are all Jews our enemy?

Absolutely not!

Just like with Islam, they are not all bad people, but their religion, is most definitely our enemy.  Both Judaism and Islam see Christianity as the enemy and both have holy texts that say we should be killed.

For more on that see the info on the Noahide laws in this thread:

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=85498

At least with Islam, they see Jesus as a prophet and they don't spit whenever His name is uttered!

Praise be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

I get the general difference between Judaism and Talmudism.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't know how the foolish historical error could be construed as blasphemy.  What he stated was so absurd in the face of history...  It seems like the bald guy in the video from the original post was over-reacting.

Ultimately, would I work for Ben Shapiro?  No, I can't imagine that I would...out of consideration for the warnings in the Council of Florence.
(11-08-2019, 08:30 PM)yablabo Wrote: I get the general difference between Judaism and Talmudism.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't know how the foolish historical error could be construed as blasphemy.  What he stated was so absurd in the face of history...  It seems like the bald guy in the video from the original post was over-reacting.

Ultimately, would I work for Ben Shapiro?  No, I can't imagine that I would...out of consideration for the warnings in the Council of Florence.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:
Blasphemy (Greek blaptein, "to injure", and pheme, "reputation") signifies etymologically gross irreverence towards any person or thing worthy of exalted esteem.

And sorry, I didn't mean to be condescending in my response, but we have to be very, very careful about our language on these matters.

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Father John Hardon's definition:

Quote:BLASPHEMY. Speaking against God in a contemptuous, scornful, or abusive manner. Included under blasphemy are offenses committed by thought, word, or action. Serious contemptuous ridicule of the saints, sacred objects, or of persons consecrated to God is also blasphemous because God is indirectly attacked. Blasphemy is a grave violation of charity toward God. Its gravity may be judged by the capital punishment in the Old Testament, severe penalties of the Church, and in many cases also of the State for blasphemous speech or conduct. In order for a person to sin gravely in this manner, he must use blasphemous expressions and realize the contemptuous meaning of what he says or does. (Etym. Latin blasphemia, blasphemy; from Greek blasphēmein, to speak ill of.)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, Sacred Heart lover
I am not attempting to be obstinate, pertinacious, or controversial.

Just hear me out:

It appears as if Ben Shapiro's statement is not to have any reflexion upon the deity whatsoever.  We know who the Divine Person Jesus Christ is and we also know that it is opposed to the historical record to call him a jew who attempted a revolt against the Roman authorities and was killed for his trouble.  There is no record whatsoever of Jesus attempting any revolutionary activity.  In fact, the nearest he got to speaking about the government in historical record, was to support obedience to it through the payment of taxes...and his sentence of death was not for any crime, as the authorities found no cause in him.  He was solely executed out of a reported fear of jewish insurrection should he not be executed.  

Jews have verbally abused the Divine Person Jesus Christ, but I don't think this is an example of such.  I think Ben Shapiro's statement of what he "thinks" Jesus was, is in effect a sin against his rational nature rather than an offense meant either to the Divine Person Jesus Christ or to the Holy Trinity.  If you listen to the bare words, it is what he "thinks" subjectively with no addition of invective.  If you listen to the tone, it is neither inflammatory nor anything beyond consideration of probabilities as he sees it.

It appears to me an overly broad application of the blasphemy brush to label Ben Shapiro's statement thus.  Remember, he did not say that the Divine Person Jesus Christ is not god; it was only implied in his words.  It appears to me that Ben Shapiro is suffering under an error of person, and not in this case uttering blasphemy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
(11-09-2019, 05:50 PM)yablabo Wrote: I am not attempting to be obstinate, pertinacious, or controversial.

Just hear me out:

It appears as if Ben Shapiro's statement is not to have any reflexion upon the deity whatsoever.  We know who the Divine Person Jesus Christ is and we also know that it is opposed to the historical record to call him a jew who attempted a revolt against the Roman authorities and was killed for his trouble.  There is no record whatsoever of Jesus attempting any revolutionary activity.  In fact, the nearest he got to speaking about the government in historical record, was to support obedience to it through the payment of taxes...and his sentence of death was not for any crime, as the authorities found no cause in him.  He was solely executed out of a reported fear of jewish insurrection should he not be executed.  

Jews have verbally abused the Divine Person Jesus Christ, but I don't think this is an example of such.  I think Ben Shapiro's statement of what he "thinks" Jesus was, is in effect a sin against his rational nature rather than an offense meant either to the Divine Person Jesus Christ or to the Holy Trinity.  If you listen to the bare words, it is what he "thinks" subjectively with no addition of invective.  If you listen to the tone, it is neither inflammatory nor anything beyond consideration of probabilities as he sees it.

It appears to me an overly broad application of the blasphemy brush to label Ben Shapiro's statement thus.  Remember, he did not say that the Divine Person Jesus Christ is not god; it was only implied in his words.  It appears to me that Ben Shapiro is suffering under an error of person, and not in this case uttering blasphemy.

Here is a longer interview with him on this subject.  

-Our Lady of La Salette