EWTN's Father Mitch Pacwa Denounces Pachamamas
Start at about the 31:40 mark

Christ be praised, this is not going to be swept under the rug and forgotten.
[-] The following 5 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Imperator Caesar Trump, JacafamalaRedux, jack89, MaryTN, SeeTheLight
Thank You Father Mitch! This evil must be stopped!!!

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 2 users Like SeeTheLight's post:
  • Eric F, MaryTN
I agree with Father Pacwa on this, but isn't this opposing Pope Francis in some way? Is he now "outside the Church" for doing so? Am I?

I'm sure there are finer points I'm missing, and some legalistic justification one way or another, but I think it might be the case. Cardinal Sarah said just last month that "to oppose the Pope is to be outside the Church."

I have heard similar arguments aimed at me in social media for this very thing. If rejecting pagan idols that the Pope embraces puts me "outside of the Church", then I guess I'm outside of the Church and there's nothing to do about it.

I wonder what the official stance is on those bishops who reject these new ideas of Pope Francis. If the Pope claims his views are in line with doctrine, who's to argue? The clarity I once thought was present in the Church, reflected in the catechism, was ignorance on my part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • Markie Boy
Quote:If the Pope claims his views are in line with doctrine, who's to argue?
Anyone who's ever read the Baltimore Chatechism, or any chatechism prior to the 1960's for that matter.

Error has no rights, and a Pope is only infallible under very strict and limited conditions. Meaning outside of those conditions, he can err. Francis has erred, over and over again, on countless points, to the point where to secure one's faith the safer course is to ignore him.

We respect the office, we respect the man as the Pope, we pray for him, but we must refuse to assent to his errors and heresies, because to do so would be to sin against faith. Excessive papalism is almost as destructive as modernism itself.

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
The Act of Faith says:

Quote:I firmly believe that Thou art one God in Three Divine Persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I believe that Thy Divine Son became Man, and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived.

The Vincentian Canon definines what the Catholic Faith is. Fr Hardon has this to say:

Quote:The famous threefold test of Catholic orthodoxy expressed by St. Vincent of Lérins (400-50) in his two memoranda (Commonitoria): “Care must especially be had that that be held which was believed everywhere [ubique], always [semper], and by all [ab omnibus].” By this triple norm of diffusion, endurance, and universality, a Christian can distinguish religious truth from error.

And a very wise man, the father of a Facebook friend of mine once said:

Quote:What Catholics once were, we are, If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.

We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.

We worship as you once worshipped.

If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now.

Robert De Piante

The Act of Faith doesn't mean we have to accept every whim of the reigning Pope. In fact Blessed Pius IX is reputed to have said, 'If a future Pope teaches anything contrary to the Catholic Faith, do not follow him.' He also said, 'Liberal Catholics are the worst enemies of the Church'

You decide. Are you a Francista, a loyal member of the New Red Guard, or are you a Catholic?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Imperator Caesar Trump, Sacred Heart lover
(11-08-2019, 12:26 AM)jack89 Wrote: The clarity I once thought was present in the Church, reflected in the catechism, was ignorance on my part.

The clarity is still there, just got to resist the heresies, endure and wait and see what happens.

Mark 4: 37-41 Wrote:37 And a great storm of wind arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care if we perish?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?” 41 And they were filled with awe, and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey him?”

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(11-08-2019, 01:26 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: The Act of Faith doesn't mean we have to accept every whim of the reigning Pope. In fact Blessed Pius IX is reputed to have said, 'If a future Pope teaches anything contrary to the Catholic Faith, do not follow him.' He also said, 'Liberal Catholics are the worst enemies of the Church'

You decide. Are you a Francista, a loyal member of the New Red Guard, or are you a Catholic?

My decision has been firmly made, I'm just trying to get a grasp on how the institutional Church views Catholics who disagree with the Pope.

I have read a lot of quotes, but I'm not really sure what the official answer is. 

My St. Pius X catechism reads, "Every Catholic must acknowledge the Pope as Father, Pastor, and Universal Teacher, and be united with him in mind and heart."

I don't think I'm there.  I pray for him, but I can't say I'm "united with him in mind and heart."  I'll see what a local priest has to say.
That presumes the Pope is orthodox. The same catechism makes clear no Catholic can assent to heresy or follow a heretic. The notion of a manifestly heretical Pope was unthinkable at that time....but here we are. Note I said unthinkable, not theologically impossible. St. Robert Bellermine and others considered that issue.

We must certainly recognize the Pope as the Pope, but if hes a heretic you cant follow him into heresy. You have to obey him in whatever is not sin, but to assent to heresy into sin against faith. This has always been the true notion of catholic obedience; you obey your lawful superiors in all things but sin. Simple application of logic makes it plain that we cannot assent to the heresies are errors Francis promulgates; none of which, I might add, has he bound the church to.

[-] The following 4 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102, SeeTheLight, WHCatholic
(11-08-2019, 04:14 PM)1Faith Wrote: That presumes the Pope is orthodox. The same catechism makes clear no Catholic can assent to heresy or follow a heretic. The notion of a manifestly heretical Pope was unthinkable at that time....but here we are. Note I said unthinkable, not theologically impossible. St. Robert Bellermine and others considered that issue.

We must certainly recognize the Pope as the Pope, but if hes a heretic you cant follow him into heresy. You have to obey him in whatever is not sin, but to assent to heresy into sin against faith. This has always been the true notion of catholic obedience; you obey your lawful superiors in all things but sin. Simple application of logic makes it plain that we cannot assent to the heresies are errors Francis promulgates; none of which, I might add, has he bound the church to.

I completely agree with you.  It's the "notion of a manifestly heretical Pope was unthinkable" part that I'm thinking about.  

I recently had a conversation with somehow who claimed that the Pope can't teach heresy.  If he really can't teach heresy, and I disagree with him, then I'm in the wrong.  It's kind of a big thing to disagree with as a Catholic, so I'm looking to find out more about it.

Also, if the official answer is that he can't teach heresy, and in fact does at some point, that becomes a problem.
jack-

sorry about no caps. i'm holding my left nostril to stop a nose bleed.

you might find this article by dr edward feser helpful.

https://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2019/11...ilius.html
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • jack89