Looking for a new home
(11-08-2019, 02:54 AM)boobfar Wrote: I'm an agnostic atheist with a fascination for Catholic teaching. I've become very dismayed with the state of /r/catholicism and I'm looking for a new place to discuss doctrinal teachings through the lens of Catholicism.

First, glad you're here. Make yourself at home...

You might get something out of this page -- but it's snarky, and that tone is not meant for you. I threw it together after getting some Christian-bashing viciousness from one of "those sorts" of atheists. So if you check it out, ignore the tone!:  https://www.fisheaters.com/seculars.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Fionnchu
(11-08-2019, 02:54 AM)boobfar Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm an agnostic atheist with a fascination for Catholic teaching. I've become very dismayed with the state of /r/catholicism and I'm looking for a new place to discuss doctrinal teachings through the lens of Catholicism.

This seems like an active, healthy community that I would enjoy becoming a part of.

Best,
boobfar

Greetings.  I was unaware that there was a philosophical position of an agnostic atheist, as well as an agnostic theist; the latter is what I always though was the definition of an agnostic and the distinction between agnosticism and atheism (if that makes any sense at all).  I also met a “Cantankerous Thomist” today, I have so much to learn.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Welcome. I was an agnostic atheist years ago before I reverted.

What fascinates you about Catholicism? Anything specific?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • josh987654321
(11-08-2019, 01:06 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 02:54 AM)boobfar Wrote: I'm an agnostic atheist with a fascination for Catholic teaching. I've become very dismayed with the state of /r/catholicism and I'm looking for a new place to discuss doctrinal teachings through the lens of Catholicism.

First, glad you're here. Make yourself at home...

You might get something out of this page -- but it's snarky, and that tone is not meant for you. I threw it together after getting some Christian-bashing viciousness from one of "those sorts" of atheists. So if you check it out, ignore the tone!:  https://www.fisheaters.com/seculars.html

Thanks, Boobfar, for joining, and, Vox, for a link I did not visit before here. No matter what one's typology, it's a fact-filled, fun, and appealing rabbit hole to drop into. Great resource for anyone with a curious mind, a searching intellect, and a contrarian bent. Which is all of us here on FE.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)