Kicked off Twitter and Ran off from Catholic Answers
Good evening all from Alabama. I am new here and would like to share my conversion story and what brought me to these forums.

I joined Catholic Answers forums almost 2 years ago after I received a post card in the mail about a traveling statue of our Lady of Fatima. In Winter 2017/2018 I was having a crisis of faith and began questioning my hardcore Atheism after the birth of my first child and some other “spiritual” experiences I had been having. I was considering joining an independent baptist church but had been praying for a sign for which church was the true church. There were somethings about Baptist theology I just knew, like had this deep seated feeling, were flat out wrong. Within a couple of weeks I received the post card and took that as my sign, since I didn’t even know any Catholics and could not explain how or why I got the post card. At the time I actually believed that Catholics worshiped Mary and prayed to statues. I took my family to Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, Alabama because I had went there as a child, and purchased a rosary and a book on how to pray it. I also joined Catholic Answers to try and figure all of this out. I worked up the courage about 7 months later and called my local parish. I started going to mass and signed up for RCIA. My wife was going through a similar phase, questioning her agnosticism. She discovered Saint Therese and her writings and began praying for her intercession after her first mass experience with me. She got her rose that November when we took a second trip to Ave Maria Grotto and also decided to join RCIA. I was baptized with my 2 year old daughter, and my wife and I were confirmed at Easter Vigil this year.

Long story short is my posts on Catholic Answers were always getting flagged and deleted because I promoted Catholic teachings such as reverence for the Eucharist (such as kneeling and receiving on the tongue) and criticism of the overuse of “EMHC’s”. I was just recently suspended from Twitter for replying to Father James Martin with “ All idols should be burned” and warned by Twitter that I was inciting violence. So I reckon I am done with Twitter. That place is a cesspool of hatred and debauchery anyways. I am also not going back to Catholic Answers. That place has an agenda.

Fish Eaters was instrumental in my conversion as I had discovered it early on but after I had found Catholic answers. I am very blessed to have probably the most reverent NO parish in Alabama within a mile of my house and two different TLM parishes within an hour drive.
[-] The following 7 users Like nightshade's post:
  • antiquarian, Bonaventure, dahveed, Fionnchu, josh987654321, Roger Buck, yablabo
Welcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • nightshade
Sigh. Aggravating, isn't it?

Glad you found your way here, though. I hope you find this place to your liking Smile

If you haven't seen this page, I truly hope you go through it -- first as a pure read, and then again slowly, clicking on the links as you go: https://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalca...sm101.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • nightshade
Welcome to the Tank. I hope you enjoy your swim. We're a diverse lot and we often resemble a very dysfunctional family, but we really love each other and it's a great place to learn and have your questions answered.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

The trick here is to beat up someone on your first day.
[-] The following 4 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • Fionnchu, jovan66102, nightshade, yablabo
(11-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: The trick here is to beat up someone on your first day.

That is hilarious.

Thanks for that laugh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • nightshade
(11-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: The trick here is to beat up someone on your first day.

Just be gentle and loving whilst doing it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321
Welcome. Smile

I too used to be at CAF until I was suspended for 1,000 years (999 years left to go). There were some great posters at CAF but also some very heretical ones and the forum administrators IMO have become very corrupt, just as some in the hierarchy of the Church today have become very corrupt. As one poster said, it's all about controlled opposition, therefore they always win, since any real opposition or contest of ideas are banned.

Reading your story, I'm amazed you not only found your way to the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, but also out of the hands of the wolves in sheep's clothing such as the heretic James Martin. Divine Providence at work.

Did you go by the same name at CAF? I also go to a NO Mass and receive Our Lord from the Priest, on a knee and on the tongue.

I'm also not surprised about twitter, the tech giants are terrible, I sure hope Trump's administration break the monopolies up and go after them. For example, during the referendum on abortion in Ireland, Facebook banned pro-life content. In Australia we even had an abortion bill where our member of parliament asked to be contacted by his constituents on Facebook about it and when I commented my comment was deleted and I was banned from commenting. They then have the hide to try and blame Russia for election interference, when they are the ones who are doing it better then Russia could ever dream of.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • nightshade
Welcome to the tank!

“Twit” is the operative word in “Twitter,” and CAF is more touchy than Summer Camp McCarrick.

That seems a bit rigid, unwelcoming, and close minded. Sticking tongue out at you
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Fionnchu, josh987654321, nightshade
(11-10-2019, 11:19 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Sigh. Aggravating, isn't it?

Glad you found your way here, though. I hope you find this place to your liking Smile

If you haven't seen this page, I truly hope you go through it -- first as a pure read, and then again slowly, clicking on the links as you go: https://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalca...sm101.html

I have read through that, but I have not yet gave it a slow read clicking on links as I go. I will definitely do that! There is so much great information on this site, I am spreading the word at my parish!

I experienced the pictures on that page first hand last year when I went to mass to a parish nearby, I was expecting a "Catholic" church but what I experienced was very much a watered down protestant church. Luckily the new priest there is very traditional. He has purchased large Saint Joseph and Mary statues (can you believe there were no statues in there whatsoever?!) and brought out kneelers for use during communion. He is also offering a Novus Ordo latin mass on Thursdays!

I just don't understand how it came to what it is now. When I go to TLM, I am just floored with "WHY!Huh?!!! WHY DID THE CHURCH ABANDON THIS?!"
[-] The following 3 users Like nightshade's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321, VoxClamantis