Wash. Examiner: Traditional parishes grow even as Catholics in U.S. decline
The original article stated: "In Los Angeles, the fraternity did not have their own church until 2018, but Mass attendance over the past year doubled from 250 per Sunday to 500. The parish’s pastor, Fr. James Fryar, commented for the fraternity’s website that, after his parish added a fourth Mass on Sunday, “another 200 people came.”

I add that in addition to this FSSP parish of St. Vitus (named after the patron saint of actors, located technically in San Fernando, which is a separate small city inside the city of L.A.), which took over a (now already too small) Syro-Malabite Rite sanctuary, there is now also their humble, but renovated, mission chapel of San Felipe de Jesus serving about 50-60 (nearly all Spanish-speaking) congregants (including me) at one Low Mass on Sunday mornings only. It's in East Los Angeles. One of Fr. Fryar's two assistants celebrate this, alternately. I hope we can get weekday masses, but I think even three FSSP priests aren't enough to serve our vast Archdiocese. They run two of the four total sites offering a TLM each Sunday in all of L.A. County, population at least 10.5 million. And this in the nation's largest Archdiocese, where we need more priests and more TLMs.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wash. Examiner: Traditional parishes grow even as Catholics in U.S. decline - by Fionnchu - 11-12-2019, 12:28 AM