Wash. Examiner: Traditional parishes grow even as Catholics in U.S. decline
(11-14-2019, 05:49 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: I'm a struggling Catholic.  But articles like this blow my mind.  My diocese has literally eradicated the TLM - not a single one left.  And vocations are so low if it was not for imported clergy probably half the parishes would close.

Articles like this one, and this one:  https://onepeterfive.com/arent-dioceses-...g-lincoln/

Why don't they look to areas that are succeeding for answers?

The short answer is that they're ideologues.  I can't account for the whole picture though.  It's something that continually fascinates me.  If you were to look at liberal sites like NCR, they host a wide range of excuses, but they sound like... well, excuses... and not something that people actually believe.  The data does not support them.  I've posted elsewhere that the most widely attested sociological fact of this century has been that liberalism destroys churches.  So at some level, the hierarchy is making the conscious decision to lose members in exchange for other benefits like broader acceptance among elites and getting glowing articles written about them in legacy media.  

There must be more to it, but I don't get it.  It's possible that they are all just that blinded by ideology, but I tend to believe decision makers are more cynical than that.  There have to be organizational principles that lead to such decisions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • antiquarian, Fionnchu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wash. Examiner: Traditional parishes grow even as Catholics in U.S. decline - by Imperator Caesar Trump - 11-14-2019, 06:05 PM