Aging Parents.
Update: sponge bathing has gone pretty okay. 

In general I'm finding this phase of life to be pretty tricky to navigate. One never really wishes for this kind of relationship with one's mother or mother-in-law, and I'm sure Mimi feels the same. 

So, thanks again for all the tips.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • yablabo
Change: something different from what's previously been done. 

That's where I'm at. That's where we all are this side of the veil, I trust.God bless.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(11-23-2019, 05:54 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Update: sponge bathing has gone pretty okay. 

In general I'm finding this phase of life to be pretty tricky to navigate. One never really wishes for this kind of relationship with one's mother or mother-in-law, and I'm sure Mimi feels the same. 

Good on you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(11-23-2019, 07:49 PM)yablabo Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 05:54 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Update: sponge bathing has gone pretty okay. 

Good on you!

Thanks, she's really takin a nose dive. Things are going downhill fast. I never would've predicted how quickly she'd degenerate... She's gone from using a cane to using a walker and then the wheelchair within half a month's time She needs help now with everything. Poor creature. God bless her... I'll tell you what, growing old sucks eggs. It really does.
(11-30-2019, 09:50 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 07:49 PM)yablabo Wrote:

Good on you!

Thanks, she's really takin a nose dive. Things are going downhill fast. I never would've predicted how quickly she'd degenerate... She's gone from using a cane to using a walker and then the wheelchair within half a month's time She needs help now with everything. Poor creature. God bless her... I'll tell you what, growing old sucks eggs. It really does.

It's part of the cycle.  I feel for you.  It's rough watching the physical degeneration, but at least if you've dealt with kids, you pretty much know what to do.  It's the mental degeneration that gets you feeling extremely powerless to help.

I wish the best for you and your mother-in-law in this time.

Getting old ain't for sissies. The one thing I would say to you is do not let your loved one feel they are a burden.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!