What do we know about Portsmouth Institute / Abbey?
Tongue 
Are they pretty good? Are they kinda like First Things? What about the school? What is their deal?
It seems alright to me, as far as I can tell. They’ll stand up for the Faith against the culture, but they probably won’t stand up to the bishops or the pope. I am cautious these days about trusting any of the hierarchy or anyone who must answer to them.
(11-14-2019, 10:31 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: It seems alright to me, as far as I can tell. They’ll stand up for the Faith against the culture, but they probably won’t stand up to the bishops or the pope. I am cautious these days about trusting any of the hierarchy or anyone who must answer to them.

So as I think 14 years ahead to my daughter's future, I was considering boarding school. Portsmouth Abbey is the only top ranked Catholic one. They do seem very conservative, although I don't know about "traditional" per se. I wonder if an environment like that is better than a strictly secular one (i.e., not teaching the faith VS a potentially inaccurate catechesis). There's an FSSP Mass 20 min from the campus...

Just toying with ideas. I guess the answer is that it depends. Having kids is fun!