My Sister
Hey all, please say some prayers for my sister. And if you have any advice as to how I should respond to her, please let me know. She is my only sister and she is almost 24. She is involved in some bad crowds and goes out drinking to excess almost every night. She recently went to Europe and went back to several men's hotel rooms to make out with them (one of them was 50 years old, and one was married) and doesn't seem to have any desire to change her ways. She is currently dating a good Catholic man but she cheated on him when she was in Europe and she refuses to tell him. 

She goes to Mass every Sunday and receives communion even though she is in a state of mortal sin and she knows it. I'm so distressed because she is a totally different person and I don't know how to help her or what to do. She used to be very holy and prayerful and scrupulous, even, and now she's done a complete 180.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

I'll definitely pray for her.
(11-14-2019, 02:58 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Hey all, please say some prayers for my sister. And if you have any advice as to how I should respond to her, please let me know. She is my only sister and she is almost 24. She is involved in some bad crowds and goes out drinking to excess almost every night. She recently went to Europe and went back to several men's hotel rooms to make out with them (one of them was 50 years old, and one was married) and doesn't seem to have any desire to change her ways. She is currently dating a good Catholic man but she cheated on him when she was in Europe and she refuses to tell him. 

She goes to Mass every Sunday and receives communion even though she is in a state of mortal sin and she knows it. I'm so distressed because she is a totally different person and I don't know how to help her or what to do. She used to be very holy and prayerful and scrupulous, even, and now she's done a complete 180.

Will be praying for her during my rosary in a minute.

Sometimes people have an underlying traumatic event that causes guilt and anxiety and low self-image and that causes them to act out. (?)

In any case, just continue to be kind and warm and compassionate without compromising the truth.  Heart
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Otoh, she goes to Mass. There is nothing that fixes it better than a good confession. Though the right heart is needed. I'll try to remember her.
Be a good example.  Be a good wife (not a Stepford wife, a good wife).  Don't gossip, even about other family members, don't run down your husband to her.  If she brings up bad behavior in others, don't participate, better to go with something like "yes, this person seems unhappy deep down inside".  If she brings up something you did in high school, and it is true, don't deny it but feel free to say "yes, I was young and stupid", or, "I was young and hanging around with the wrong people" or "yes, I was not being responsible for my own actions". 
 Remember, we ALL make mistakes.  We ALL make wrong choices.  Mature people can look at their own mistakes and learn from them.
Be kind and loving - she may, in the future, want to change and she will need a safe place to start/land.
Since she is an adult in another state there is little you can do.  In my experience people who are living this life will cut you off if you start preaching or pointing out their errors.  You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
But don't let her blame you for her actions.  She is an adult.
And pray for her.  Every night.  Light candles for her after Mass.  Be patient, recovering from this lifestyle takes time.
I'm adding her to my Rosary and regular intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Information 
Same here:  I’m adding you both to my rosary intentions.  Pray