Leukemia Diagnosis
Hey all, I got a call from my dad yesterday. He's 67 and was just diagnosed with CLL, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. It's a genetic disease so I probably have it as well, but it usually doesn't manifest itself until the person is nearing old age. He doesn't have to do chemo because they caught it in time, but he is going to have to undergo lots of tests and other treatments. Usually what ends up happening is that your immune system becomes so weakened that you become susceptible to other cancers. 

Anyway, I am pretty shocked and sad, so I ask that you please pray for him and my mom, and pray especially that he will have a renewal of his faith during this difficult time. He seems to be cheerful and taking it well, but he hasn't been to confession in years and doesn't really participate in the faith outside of going to Sunday Mass with my mom. 

Thanks in advance, y'all.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

I'm sorry to hear of this. I'll add him to my Rosary and regular intentions. Perhaps this will bring about a rekindling of his faith. I'll add your mom, and you as well.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • SacraCor714
My sincere sympathy for you, your family and your Dad. I hope the treatment is not too daunting an experience and of course, is successful. They do have greater success when it is caught early.

You all are on my prayer list.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • SacraCor714
I am sorry to hear your news.  Of course I will pray for you and your dad.
My late husbands aunt had this.  Same type of care plan.  She lived for many years after her diagnosis, lived a regular life into her very late 70's.
You certainly have a lot on your plate.  Being genetically predisposed to something does not automatically mean you will get it.  Certain diseases run in my family after a certain age,  and none of my brothers have them.