29 YO F looking for Catholic friend/husband
***Serious Inquiries Only*** (and yes I truly mean it)

If you are *seriously* interested, please do not post here and contact me only via private message. 

I am looking to get to "know people," first as acquaintances/friends with the door half open for a potential future "discernment of marriage." This means no immediate emotional attachments, no promises, no plans.

I am an interesting individual, but it takes time to get to understand and know me. It requires as much effort on your part as it does on mine!

Sex: Female

Birthdate and age as of posting date: 29

Would you relocate if you met the right person?: within the USA, yes

Basic physical description: Very Average: short hair, 5ft 2in height, mediocre

Do you have any children?: No

EF, SSPX, both, or other?: Byzantine Rite or Ordinariate Mass preferred: TLM/EF is an option, but absolutely no SSPX

Do you or would you attend the Novus Ordo if that's all that's available to you?: Yes

Patron Saint by Confirmation: St Rita of Cascia (west); St Catherine of Alexandria (east)

Did you grow up Catholic? Did you grow up as a traditionalist? Did you convert later in life?: Grew up in a cultural Catholic family then lapsed; reconverted as a college student; would consider myself a “traditionalist” not a “Traditionalist Catholic.” Very complicated Catholic, I do not fit into any of the preconceived labels.

Introvert or extrovert?: Introvert (melancholic-phlegmetic) but with Extrovert personality when I'm very comfortable around people

Myers-Briggs personality type, if known: INFJ-A

Ethnic heritage: “white”-European/Native/Asian ancestry

Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?: Unimportant...but must understand and know American culture. Must know, speak, read, and write English.

Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this?: Preferred age range is 23-38. I figure regardless of whether said man is 23 years old or 37 years old and as long as he is willing to help me get to heaven, age isn't entirely a deal breaker. However, this man should display maturity and some confidence.

In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP?: Don't know enough about NFP specifically to comment right now.

What would headship of the husband look like in your ideal home?: As head of the family, the husband would lead the family in prayer. As being the head of the family, the man chooses to honor his wife as she chooses to honor her husband as head. The husband wields true words as armor and weapon rather than marvel in awe of the truth for its own sake. 

What do you think and how do you feel about women working outside the home?: I don't think women should work outside the home, just as men shouldn't work outside the home. I think it makes more sense for the husband and wife to work together as one unit, in the same household, united as one family.

If you were married, how would you want finances handled in your home? (who'd make the money; who'd handle the paying of the bills; would there be separate and/or joint bank accounts; if the wife is a stay at home mother, would she have money of her own to manage, etc.?: Complicated question for me, perhaps an answer for a future time.

Can you handle the idea of dating and marrying someone who may have lived a not-so-moral lifestyle before conversion?: Yes, so long as he is up front and honest with me-depending on the circumstances.

Is someone's not being a virgin a "deal-breaker" for you?: No, so long as he is currently chaste and not currently living in sexual sin.

Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is/are the most challenging for you?: Deeply personal question IMO, which would best to be revealed in time privately.

What would others say are your best qualities?: Relatable, observant, adaptable, resilient, detailed, creative, humorous, philosophical, dependable, intelligent, compromising.

What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?: sometimes too skeptical or pessimistic; perfectionist; can be self-deprecating; can be too sensitive sometimes; can think “too hard” sometimes.

What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?: Chastity, genuineness, honesty, directness, self-control, must display some confidence, faithful, vulnerable, resilience.

Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Inappropriate behavior, dishonesty, insecurity, manipulative, megalomania, smoking, drama

What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex?: Start as acquaintances/friends with no emotional attachments and don't rush any potential relationships.

Political ideals: Not a liberal.

Education: Bachelor of Science

Employment: STEM

Health: Discussion for a future time.

Allergies: Outdoor

Smoke?: No

Drink?: Yes, I'm a social drinker. I'll have no more than 1-3 beers at any given time when it comes to eating out or being with friends. No more than twice per week.

Night owl or morning lark?: Night owl

How messy or disorganized are you?: Discussion for a future time.

What makes you laugh?: Stupid things that people do or say

What are the little things that please or delight you?: A spider coming to visit me, someone saying “hello” to me, intense laughter

What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally?: Married and with a family.

If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you likely will be doing  given your gifts and goals?: Writing a book.

Intellectual interests: The “Soft” and “Hard” Sciences; Pre- and Post-Reformation England; Koine Greek; Iconography; Church History; Having one-on-one theological or philosophical discussions to any idiot who is willing to participate; Catholic mysticism.

Hobbies: Animals, gaming, music, science, reading, writing, art, history, religion, poetry, etc.

Talents: I'm an amateur musician and I'm good at memorizing random scientific genus/species names.

Top 5 Favorite books of all time: I don't know...The Bible; Black Beauty; The Gate of Ivrel; The Last Unicorn; Fahrenheit 451.

The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: The Bible; The 1662 Book of Common Prayer; The Mystery and Meaning of the Mass; Nature of Earth Materials; The Poems of St. John of the Cross

Music you actually listen to most often: alternative/post-punk rock, classical/baroque, chant, movie/video game soundtracks, classic rock, English folk, jazz, etc

Favorite movies/TV shows: Too many to list but I like fantasy, sci-fi, classics, and anime.

Favorite foods: Everything really.

Do you follow any specific food regimen (e.g., gluten-free, no-carb, vegetarianism, etc.)?: No

Serious pet peeves: There's a lot of them.

Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with, pets you won't tolerate at all: I have many exotic and venomous animals. Not a fan of dogs or cats. Private discussion for a future time.

Idea of a romantic evening: Social drinking or “hanging out.”

What is your "love language" -- i.e., what makes you feel most loved and appreciated: Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch, or something else?: Acknowledgment of my existence and taking the time to get to know me.
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!
I'm always surprised by which posters end up being female.  Wouldn't have guessed!  Anyway, good luck.
(11-19-2019, 01:04 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: I'm always surprised by which posters end up being female.  Wouldn't have guessed!  Anyway, good luck.

Yes I’ve been called “sir” several times IRL. Perhaps I’m “too much woman” for most people.🙃
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!