Culture Wars Sept 2019 pdf needed
Not sure where to place this among threads, but for my research on trad counterculture I need a pdf of Culture Wars 38:9 (Sept. 2019) with Geraldine Comiskey's piece on "Armageddon in the Ould Sod" about paganism revived in today's Ireland. You can PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
Can't you buy it yourself? It's only 4 bucks.
(11-19-2019, 04:30 PM)Crowe Wrote: Can't you buy it yourself? It's only 4 bucks.

Yeah, I know, but I need the pdf, not the print copy, as the resource.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
Is redistribution allowed?
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(11-19-2019, 08:56 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 04:30 PM)Crowe Wrote: Can't you buy it yourself? It's only 4 bucks.

Yeah, I know, but I need the pdf, not the print copy, as the resource.

I think all of the back issues are available as pdfs. If you go to https://culturewars.com/volumes-31-40/cw-38-9 and choose to buy, what you're buying is a pdf.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I think all of the back issues are available as pdfs. If you go to https://culturewars.com/volumes-31-40/cw-38-9 and choose to buy, what you're buying is a pdf.

Thanks for confirming this. When I visited the CW site, it seemed that back issues were in print, but now that I've been "schooled," I'll order the whole past year, what the hey. Curious how you all at FE regard this gentleman's perspective and outlook. I had vaguely heard of him over the years....that's it.
(11-20-2019, 10:18 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I think all of the back issues are available as pdfs. If you go to https://culturewars.com/volumes-31-40/cw-38-9 and choose to buy, what you're buying is a pdf.

Thanks for confirming this. When I visited the CW site, it seemed that back issues were in print, but now that I've been "schooled," I'll order the whole past year, what the hey. Curious how you all at FE regard this gentleman's perspective and outlook. I had vaguely heard of him over the years....that's it.

I think Michael E Jones makes some very good points regarding the role of Logos in the development of Western culture and his opposition to the influence of Jewish elites on religious grounds.

I, too, didn't realize I was buying a .pdf when I ordered issue 38-10 on Bertrand Russell, which I found to be a great rebuttal to the libertine philosopher of the early 20th century.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"But thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has transported us out of darkness into his marvelous light when through these lights exteriorly given we are disposed to reenter the mirror of our mind in which divine realities shine forth."
-St. Bonaventure, Itinerarium
In general I like EM Jones.  I can't say I agree with him on everything but there are very few people I can say that about.  The three great interesting thinkers of this era (in my opinion)  are Dr. Matthew Raphael Johnson,  Michael Hoffman and E.Michael Jones.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon