American College of Pediatric decision: Transgenderism of children is child abuse
(11-19-2019, 05:55 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Okay? And? It's about time the scientific world catches up to ethics.

Does anyone else find it sad that we need to wait for scientific affirmation of morality today?

The problem is the science world is mostly operating under the paradigm of scientism and philosophical materialism.  There are no grounds for any real ethics in that paradigm.  

One can't have a morally bankrupt worldview to start and expect to have any serious ethics or morality coming out of it.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 5 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, jovan66102, Some Guy, Zedta
(11-19-2019, 06:01 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 12:13 PM)Zedta Wrote: [Nota bene; Addendum: I clicked on the link in the article and it has been deactivated or scrubbed. Hmmm...  Curious considering subject matter, no?]

The link worked fine for me.

Interesting. I tried it again, even went to the original article page and the link was dead. Must be something in my server or browser.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain