Students Ditch Their Phones For a Week, Report Feeling Happier & More Refreshed
Finally, someone is studying the obvious: Cell phones are little mind altering devices meant to reprogram your brain and most everyone has one and is glued to them. The reprogramming part is why I do not and will not own another ( I had one of the first ones and ditched it and never looked back) one.

Nice article from an adult-language commentator (average spud):

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article Page

Students Ditch Their Phones For a Week, Report Feeling Happier & More Refreshed

“I’m having a lot of better relationships.”

20 November, 2019
Paul Joseph Watson
[Image: 201119phone.jpg]

Students at a university in New York who took part in a test to go without their cellphones for a week reported that they felt refreshed, happier, more focused and more relaxed.

Participants at Adelphi University took part in the course in an effort to break their cycle of dependency and addiction.

One student, Jacob Dannenberg, said he had to go old school to get through the week, writing things down physically and using an actual alarm clock.

However, after the week ended he reported a complete turnaround in his life.

“I’m having a lot of better relationships… it’s a stress-free environment no pressure about social media,” said Dannenberg.

Cigliano echoed the same sentiment, saying that without the phone, “I think it’s really refreshing and relaxing… I was able to fall asleep a lot easier.”

She also said that focus and concentration improved and that, “Doing homework was 100 percent easier. I got it done faster, and I was in the zone.”

Professor Donna Freitas questioned the damage smartphones were doing to young people’s lives.

“The fact that no one can focus, that my students can’t sleep… They feel bad about themselves because of social media, and the list goes on and on,” she said.
Students came out of the experiment wanting to drastically cut their screen time and live more in the moment.

“My screen time is definitely going to go down, and I’m going start to appreciate my surroundings more because usually I’m looking at my screen all the time,” Ashley Castillero said.
As we highlight in the video below, smartphone use is a major factor driving depression amongst young people but few people in the mainstream want to acknowledge it.

My mind boggles when I recall what Mother St. Ann Seton said about the 21st century; In the next century people will have boxes in their homes through which Satan will talk to them. Soon we progressed from simple radios through which systems were developed to keep people 'tuned in' to where we are today and steadily advancing forward, in an environment where we not only carry these boxes with us, but strap them on our faces to look at reality through virtual reality.
Stunning!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • formerbuddhist, SeeTheLight
I'm seriously considering putting some very strict limits on my smartphone use for the Nativity Fast coming up.  Not sure how I'll do it but this article gives me inspiration.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • SeeTheLight, Zedta
During the summer in my college days I used to fight fire and thin timber for the forest service.

I spent one summer in the Wind River Range near Pine Dale, WY. Our crew was stationed at a guard station on the south end of the range. This year was a one off for me as I was on a backpacking trail crew that worked in the Bridger Teton wilderness.

We had no power and phones weren't a thing yet. Reading by candlelight, fishing on the river, being closer to God. I loved my days off there and I loved my days working on trails in the back country.

What I'm saying is while there are some good aspects to tech I think there are more cons than pros. I lead a much richer life that summer and definitely felt more human and closer to God. I think this is what is missing in most of the world today.

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Zedta