N.H. Town Removes Christmas From Its Christmas Ceremony After Two People Complain
People have no guts anymore. Why should we be so 'sensitive' to the whinny crybabies who complain about just about anything? These two-year-old trigger minded dupes are moving society and even governments around like a bull with a ring through its nose.

What a load of dukey!!

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article Page

New Hampshire Town Removes Christmas From Its Christmas Ceremony After Two People Complain About Being Offended
Published 12 hours ago on 19 November, 2019 Paul Joseph Watson

clownworld

Caving in to weak-minded idiots.

[Image: 191119tree.jpg]
The town of Durham, New Hampshire announced it was removing several Christmassy elements from its annual “holiday celebration” because two people complained about being offended.

Yes, really.

According to CBS Boston, the town’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will undergo changes “in an effort to remove religious overtones.”

The event will be renamed ‘Frost Fest’ while the formal tree lighting ceremony itself will be abolished and Santa will not arrive in a town firetruck as he has in the past.

Christmas wreaths that were placed on lamp posts on Main Street will also be absent.

According to councilor Town Councilor Sally Tobias, the changes were made after one person “said that he had always had a problem with the Christmas tree.”

“There were a couple of people that did express some concerns about how they felt being included,” Tobias said.

So in other words, because two weak-minded idiots complained about being offended, the town voted to take Christmas out of its Christmas celebrations, undoubtedly angering the vast majority of residents.

“To stop cultures and faiths from practicing publicly would be very un-American. I think that’s the beauty of our country,” said Rabbi Berel Slavaticki, who was refused when he asked the town to display a Menorah during the eight days of Hanukkah last year.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian, formerbuddhist
The thing people need to do is boycott any celebration that compromises on these elements.  If you begrudgingly attend the "nu-holiday" celebration, you are conceding that deracinating the event was the right thing to do.
[-] The following 4 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • antiquarian, formerbuddhist, jovan66102, Zedta
Many of the so called churches go right along with this watered down nonsense these days.  

It's crazy but 10-15 years ago I predicted that the annual celebration would become "Holiday" with a capital "H" and I was right.  I like to see how over time certain words change, or how certain things are emphasized or de-emphasized and the slow watering down of Christmas into a secular "Holiday" of consumption and spending is exactly what's happened. 

Personally I keep Christmas on the Julian calendar and will do my best to keep the Nativity Fast. As Western Christians from a sacramental tradition you all can try to keep the spirit of Advent as best you can.  

As Christians we are "strangers and sojourners" and need to be a little bit outside time.  

That's partly why I prefer the Old Style calendar, because it's not lockstep with the calendar of commerce and secularism.  It reminds me that I have here "no abiding city".
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 3 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • antiquarian, Margaret-Mary, Zedta
It is up to two people complaining.  When I first read the article several days ago it was because of one guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • Zedta
Maybe we should sue a store that uses Cupid at Valentine's day.

I hate to break it to gays, minorities and such, but historical discrimination does not earn you any special rights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes redneckpride4ever's post:
  • Zedta
(11-20-2019, 10:15 PM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: I hate to break it to gays, minorities and such, but historical discrimination does not earn you any special rights.

Except it does, because we now live in a culture where "being nice" is the most important thing, and instead of standing up to such things, give into demands for special rights over and over again.

The right loves to complain about how horrible Hollywood is. But they keep going to movies and watching TV. They're going to keep eating at Chik-Fil-A and shopping at Target. The left have no problem with boycotts and being loud and obnoxious about it, and they win.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • antiquarian, Zedta
I think this is all the fault of the advent of the facebook/twitter, et al, phenomena. These platforms give anyone the platform to reach millions (potentially) of people and to have it reproduced on any other platform. It snowballs and the poster gets huge filling of their egos. Subsequently, an individual, person or business, could end up socially and financially destroyed.

All the more reason to stay away from the social media monstrosity. It is like a drug, indeed...in small amounts or taken with judiciousness, can be beneficial, but misused or overused, can be deadly.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain