Best Teas ?
Which ones do you drink for your health, or just drink in general. Last couple of weeks I've really gotten into Echinacea, various Green Teas, and Chamomile. For some reason I just can't get into Licorice Root, but if it's very nutritious I'll force it down. a double bag dose of Sleepy Time Extra seems to work pretty well when I have insomnia.
(11-23-2019, 10:17 PM)Eric F Wrote: Which ones do you drink for your health, or just drink in general. Last couple of weeks I've really gotten into Echinacea, various Green Teas, and Chamomile. For some reason I just can't get into Licorice Root, but if it's very nutritious I'll force it down. a double bag dose of Sleepy Time Extra seems to work pretty well when I have insomnia.

Sweet Tea.  Cold.  There is no other.
There is a box in the kitchen cabinet, and it has a picture of a coffee cup and saucer on it, but I don't know anyone who drinks sweet tea from a coffee cup so I assume that is some foreign packaging.
I'm primarily a coffee drinker so when I have tea, it has to be something strong like Irish Breakfast.
I grew up drinking tea. Not surprising, since my Mother was English. I usually start the day with a coffee, and drink tea the rest of the day. Tetley's black orange pekoe is my go-to. I buy it loose and I have a tea ball if I'm making a pot, or a smaller infuser for a single cup. In the evening I drink herbal teas, often Sleepy Time or straight chamomile.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Don't know about "best," but I like:

A decent English/Irish Breafkast tea (Irish is stronger and redder)
Earl Grey
Yogi Egyptian Licorice (don't let the licorice bit fool you; this stuff is really good)
Celestial Seasonings Chai w/ milk and sugar
Celestial Seasonings Almond Sunset w/ milk and sugar
Bigelow Plantation Mint w/ sugar
Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime
Peppermint

You didn't ask, but the best coffee I know of is Mystic Monks Dark Roast Brazil -- whole beans you grind as you go, prepared in a French Press. Man!
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(11-24-2019, 01:44 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Yogi Egyptian Licorice (don't let the licorice bit fool you; this stuff is really good)

Now that you mention it, I love this one! Of course, I love licorice. And there is no such thing as red 'licorice'! There is some horrid red confection that some people call 'licorice'. When I manage to get to Lincoln, an absolute must is a visit to Licorice International, a shop dedicated totally to licorices from around the world.

Unfortunately, the Yogi teas are not available locally, and I'm trying to get away from buying online unless it's necessary.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I have two go to types of tea.

The first one I like to drink is English breakfast. I drink this while I'm at home. The other one is an Oolong tea. I drink this one while I'm at work.

Both Bigelow brand. For some reason the other brands that don't taste good or they make my throat scratch.
Vivat Jesu Rex!
Ave Maria!
Da pacem, Domine. In diebus nostris.
There was a point when I drank tea, way back. My fave was a Celestial Seasonings product named Morning Thunder. Manliest container, replete with a bison.  Big Grin
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Regardless the flavor, I’m partial Mighty Leaf Tea.

https://www.peets.com/mighty-leaf-tea
(11-24-2019, 01:50 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:44 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Yogi Egyptian Licorice (don't let the licorice bit fool you; this stuff is really good)

Now that you mention it, I love this one! Of course, I love licorice. And there is no such thing as red 'licorice'! There is some horrid red confection that some people call 'licorice'. When I manage to get to Lincoln, an absolute must is a visit to Licorice International, a shop dedicated totally to licorices from around the world.

Unfortunately, the Yogi teas are not available locally, and I'm trying to get away from buying online unless it's necessary.

This particular tea is magical. When it's in your mouth, it's OK-meh, but then you swallow and there's an explosion of flavor. It's really interesting and delicious. I love it. (It also might be helpful for people suffering from chemo side effects, Sjogren's, etc. -- the dry mouth stuff. Worth checking out anyway).
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s