The Stuffing Thread
Tongue 
Conversation with my son (senior in High School):

Me:  Well I'll eat the stuffing since you don't like it. 

Him:  Of all the inventions, stuffing is one of them.

Me:  It's good! 

Him:  It's like taking some soggy bread and putting it inside a dead turkey. 

Me:  Actually you have to start with stale bread and then get it soggy...then stuff it in the behind of the turkey for added flavor...so what could be better than that?

Him:  A nuclear apocalypse.

Me:  Good. More for me!"    

Kids don't know what's good for them!    Crazy 

Soooo.....what do y'all put in your stuffing?

I like sausage and pink lady apples. Smile
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Jeeter, yablabo
(11-25-2019, 09:52 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Soooo.....what do y'all put in your stuffing?

I like sausage and pink lady apples. Smile

I put onions, celery and carrots in mine.

My mother makes the best dressing/stuffing that I've ever had.  She puts onions, celery, walnuts and cranberries in hers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
'Sausage and pink lady apples'. Sounds delicious. I use sourdough bread in mine, plus everything I can get away with. Mushrooms are a favorite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
OYSTERS! Except the DW is a vegetarian darn it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
I am a bread stuffing fan.  The family prefers cornbread stuffing.  Around here, carrots in the stuffing is considered exotic.  So it is cornbread, onions, cream soups, maybe, if you feel sneaky, some whole corn.  If I had my way, I would throw the kitchen sink in, and cook it inside the bird, but we don't have the bird since the other adults don't like turkey (can you imagineHuh?) so we have ham.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(11-26-2019, 05:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: OYSTERS! Except the DW is a vegetarian darn it!

Never heard of that....sounds French.

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(11-26-2019, 04:18 PM)MaryTN Wrote: I am a bread stuffing fan.  The family prefers cornbread stuffing.  Around here, carrots in the stuffing is considered exotic.  So it is cornbread, onions, cream soups, maybe, if you feel sneaky, some whole corn.  If I had my way, I would throw the kitchen sink in, and cook it inside the bird, but we don't have the bird since the other adults don't like turkey (can you imagineHuh?) so we have ham.

This is no disrespect, but I have NEVER heard of someone putting whole corn kernels in stuffing.  It doesn't sound like my kind of thing, but that's neat.  My roommate said he's seen that done as a means of keeping the stuffing moist.  Do you just like the flavor or texture? or do you use the corn for other reasons?
I love corn; I am not fond of stuffing -- it's too soggy.
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
(11-26-2019, 04:18 PM)MaryTN Wrote: I am a bread stuffing fan.  The family prefers cornbread stuffing.  Around here, carrots in the stuffing is considered exotic.  So it is cornbread, onions, cream soups, maybe, if you feel sneaky, some whole corn.  If I had my way, I would throw the kitchen sink in, and cook it inside the bird, but we don't have the bird since the other adults don't like turkey (can you imagineHuh?) so we have ham.

Corn sounds great!  As would cream of corn or that staple of every midwest recipe: cream of mushroom! Smile

I love corn chowder too, but I don't eat much corn any more since I mostly do keto and because I'm not really sure you can find corn that isn't GMO anymore.

And Thanksgiving without turkey sounds racist!  I'm sorry you've been bullied into submission. sad

-Our Lady of La Salette

(11-26-2019, 08:00 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 05:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: OYSTERS! Except the DW is a vegetarian darn it!

Never heard of that....sounds French.
Added to a bread based stuffing. I don't know about French, but it was common in the NE US and the Maritime Provinces of Canada (oyster producing regions) when my Boston born, son of Nova Scotian parents grandfather was learning to cook. He was one of the best cooks I ever knew, and that's how I came to like oyster stuffing. Oh, and hot peppers, too! He had been in the US Merchant Marine, as well as the British Army, and had been all over the world. Somewhere he picked up a liking for peppers. He always kept a jar of pickled hot peppers on the table. I wonder what he'd have thought of some of the varieties available today?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter, Sacred Heart lover