The Stuffing Thread
Since the Shorter Cuter Half is gluten intolerant, and I and three of the kids are celiacs, our stuffing is made with gluten free bread. Now that I think about it, stuffing is one of the few items using GF bread that can't easily taste like sawdust.  :D Oh, and it'll have onions, celery, et cetera in it. And since we'll be taking it to my parents' house, I'll be making two pans of it, for at least 19 people. Hope there are leftovers.  :rolleyes:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, yablabo
Bread chunks, celery, bell pepper, onions, and either poblano peppers or a pinch of dried n' crushed Thai chilis.  Sometimes sausage as well.  Since I normally smoke the turkey (basted frequently with beer), I bake the stuffing, then stuff it in the turkey for the last 20-30 minutes.  This way it absorbs some beer and hickory taste. :D
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(11-27-2019, 06:55 AM)dahveed Wrote: Since the Shorter Cuter Half is gluten intolerant, and I and three of the kids are celiacs, our stuffing is made with gluten free bread. Now that I think about it, stuffing is one of the few items using GF bread that can't easily taste like sawdust.  :D Oh, and it'll have onions, celery, et cetera in it. And since we'll be taking it to my parents' house, I'll be making two pans of it, for at least 19 people. Hope there are leftovers.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, GF is like keto that way so the extra ingredients make all the difference!

But I'm cheating at Thanksgiving. ;)

19 people!  That's great.  :heart:
(11-27-2019, 07:29 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Bread chunks, celery, bell pepper, onions, and either poblano peppers or a pinch of dried n' crushed Thai chilis.  Sometimes sausage as well.  Since I normally smoke the turkey (basted frequently with beer), I bake the stuffing, then stuff it in the turkey for the last 20-30 minutes.  This way it absorbs some beer and hickory taste. :D

Which turkey "absorbs" more beer?  ;)   :cheers:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102
(11-27-2019, 04:12 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 07:29 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Bread chunks, celery, bell pepper, onions, and either poblano peppers or a pinch of dried n' crushed Thai chilis.  Sometimes sausage as well.  Since I normally smoke the turkey (basted frequently with beer), I bake the stuffing, then stuff it in the turkey for the last 20-30 minutes.  This way it absorbs some beer and hickory taste. :D

Which turkey "absorbs" more beer?  ;)   :cheers:

How dare you assume my species!? I actually identify as an armadillo. :P
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(11-26-2019, 04:18 PM)MaryTN Wrote: I am a bread stuffing fan.  The family prefers cornbread stuffing.  Around here, carrots in the stuffing is considered exotic.  So it is cornbread, onions, cream soups, maybe, if you feel sneaky, some whole corn.  If I had my way, I would throw the kitchen sink in, and cook it inside the bird, but we don't have the bird since the other adults don't like turkey (can you imagine???) so we have ham.

[Image: dont_let_the_turkeys_get_you_down_latin_...pe=content]