About that Satanist brewing company having a black mass in Houston
Have you all followed this? I think that first of all, giving attention to it is the absolute worst thing you could do. It appears local Catholics have fallen for it hook line and sinker, giving them free publicity. 

Second, they are engaging them in the completely wrong way. The terms the Satanists set are religious liberty, when Catholics should be approaching it in the Alinsky way. They are hoping to hold these ostensibly conservative Catholics to American values. The Catholics should be framing it using the left's terms of this constituting a hate crime. This is the obvious way to make this backfire, maybe even involve some local Muslims. 

Catholics have been abandoned by the hierarchy though, and this kind of thing proves it. Maybe those NO Catholics might want to question the changes in teaching to religious liberty as a result of this. Or maybe they should reflect on why only abject Satanism inspires them to action rather than his million other works that go on everyday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • antiquarian
I think praying the rosary in opposition to them is the right thing to do,  but being outraged on the Twitty about them only gives them free press (which is what they want). Those people are a business not a religious organization. They are purposefully starting contraversy for free press so they can sell their merch to edgy anti-christians.

I do like the way you want to convey it as a hate crime, but that only works on religions that the left and the media deems oppressed (like joos and mooselimbs). Besides, you and I both know that the media is full of satanists anyway. They wouldn't care one bit if Christians or pr*testants cried "hate speech". They would just twist it or bury it.

The best thing we can do is to pray that they get into legal trouble and they get shutdown or go bankrupt. Pray that they see the error of their ways and repent. Pray that God humbles them. Pray that a heroic Christian lawyer finds some way or loophole to get them shutdown.
Vivat Jesu Rex!
Ave Maria!
Da pacem, Domine. In diebus nostris.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarmeliteKnight's post:
  • SeeTheLight
If it's any relief to anyone I saw a twitter exchange yesterday that the idiots bought a box of hosts from a religious supply company because they were so dumb they didn't realize an unconsecrated host is just a piece of bread. The intent was there though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes boredoftheworld's post:
  • CarmeliteKnight
I think it was handled very well https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...ian-spirit

Nothing tells Satan he isn't welcome like a public rosary outside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Jeeter
(11-27-2019, 09:07 AM)CarmeliteKnight Wrote: The best thing we can do is to pray that they get into legal trouble and they get shutdown or go bankrupt. Pray that they see the error of their ways and repent. Pray that God humbles them. Pray that a heroic Christian lawyer finds some way or loophole to get them shutdown.

I agree. A few years back a similar group tried the same stunt in OKC, and were sued by the diocese for theft. Sadly, they dropped the lawsuit after the group agreed to return the consecrated host.

(11-27-2019, 04:00 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Second, they are engaging them in the completely wrong way. The terms the Satanists set are religious liberty, when Catholics should be approaching it in the Alinsky way. They are hoping to hold these ostensibly conservative Catholics to American values. The Catholics should be framing it using the left's terms of this constituting a hate crime. This is the obvious way to make this backfire, maybe even involve some local Muslims. 

Makes sense to me. Referring back to my OKC story linked above, the guy who'd been organizing this garbage for a few years turned out to be a registered sex offender, which caused a bit of a rift in the evil side. That could've been gold, if some fo the bishops hadn't been covering for pervs themselves.

As far as bringing in some of the local Muslims, the local school board held a meeting not too long back to allow transgendered people to use the restroom and changing facilities they identify with boys in the girls shower, locker room etc and vice versa. One father stood up and asked the board if they'd taken the time to inform the local Muslim community. He then said something to the effect of "No? Cool, cuz I passed out flyers at the local mosque and to Muslims in my neighborhood." As soon as he said that, you could see a collective "I'm going to crap my pants" look from the LGBTQIAITHINKTHEYADDEDSOMEMORELETTERS+-+ crowd in the room. Much as I despise Islam, it's been my experience that most Muslims are decent folks who've been misled, but have a decent grasp of natural law.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 4 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • CarmeliteKnight, Catherine, jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover
(11-27-2019, 10:30 AM)boredoftheworld Wrote: If it's any relief to anyone I saw a twitter exchange yesterday that the idiots bought a box of hosts from a religious supply company because they were so dumb they didn't realize an unconsecrated host is just a piece of bread. The intent was there though.

Now this...

This is hilarious. The edgelords must feel so badass abusing a piece of bread.
Vivat Jesu Rex!
Ave Maria!
Da pacem, Domine. In diebus nostris.
(11-27-2019, 09:07 AM)CarmeliteKnight Wrote: I do like the way you want to convey it as a hate crime, but that only works on religions that the left and the media deems oppressed (like joos and mooselimbs). Besides, you and I both know that the media is full of satanists anyway. They wouldn't care one bit if Christians or pr*testants cried "hate speech". They would just twist it or bury it.

I think that, unfortunately, you are correct.  The most difficult part of Catholics claiming hate speech, however, is that the hierarchy would not be supportive of it.  They would be far more likely to turn on their own faithful.  This is frustrating because all of the schizo liberals in the Church could at least buy Catholics some stock and trade with the left for situations exactly like this.  But if we put that aside, I think Christians could win on the hate crime issue in initially limited circumstances, eventually building to enough precedence that it would be hard to ignore.

The way it would work would be to start by using non-white groups of Catholics in more liberal areas.  The optics of brown Christians vs white Satanists would work well.  On the other hand, Christians could generally make such appeals and win in areas that are more moderate or conservative.  Such areas have made laws in a limited sense to protect Christian sensibilities long before hate crimes were a thing.

You are right that it would be an extremely uphill battle due to *who* controls the media, but it's more about the courts at first and local optics.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but I know for a fact that it's a better tack than arguing on the Satanists' terms.  This is pure Alinsky-ism and can only be fought with more of the same.
(11-27-2019, 12:27 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Much as I despise Islam, it's been my experience that most Muslims are decent folks who've been misled, but have a decent grasp of natural law.

As Catholics, and as traditionalists, we have no capital in society.  We are a relatively small but committed group of people.  Who can we look to in order to understand how to make the most of our position?  The Jews.  Like them, we need golems who can do our dirty work for us.  We need people who can interface with the wider culture and twist things to our benefit.  Some examples of such groups include Muslims, Novus Ordo Catholics, Protestants, any non-white group, etc.  

The other important thing that traditionalists need to do is find a niche in society and engage in outrageous nepotism.  We need to make lots of money and help each other to do the same.  Personally, I think a field like my own would be ideal for this - especially given the low barrier to entry, the extreme demand, the tons of money to be made, and the utility of such a field on influencing/manipulating/controlling others.

If we were to really push hard and do both of these things for a couple decades, we would have much more power than you'd expect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
I'm not sure how you could involve the Muslims, unless you found some who were so liberal as to be unbelievers. To a devout Muslim, our worship of Christ as God is blasphemy and a hate crime against Islam. The idea that God would descend on our Altars under the species of bread goes so far beyond blasphemy for them that it's hard to conceive. I don't think they would see this as a hate crime so much as one group of infidels getting it over on another group of infidels, both of which will be killed when the Dar-al-Islam finally conquers the Dar-al-Harb.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(11-28-2019, 12:13 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I'm not sure how you could involve the Muslims, unless you found some who were so liberal as to be unbelievers. To a devout Muslim, our worship of Christ as God is blasphemy and a hate crime against Islam. The idea that God would descend on our Altars under the species of bread goes so far beyond blasphemy for them that it's hard to conceive. I don't think they would see this as a hate crime so much as one group of infidels getting it over on another group of infidels, both of which will be killed when the Dar-al-Islam finally conquers the Dar-al-Harb.

In the case of the satanic mass you may be right, but they could be allies in the war against trannifying kids and sodomy.  

Muslims aren't so easily cucked as we are.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!