Saturnalia, Black Cube Worship and Occult Symbols
(11-28-2019, 09:45 AM)Augustinian Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 06:29 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Anyone ever read Michael Hoffman's Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare? He's got some fascinating stuff about Saturn in there, especially as it relates to the Hammer and the Sickle of the Soviet era.

"So we observe that Saturn and his "golden age" architecture (both mental and physical), came only after the end of Eden, after Saturn-Sirius had separated the unity of heaven and earth by means of his fateful sickle. What do we have behind the cover story about a worker's paradise in the Soviet Union? We have the sickle, the very occult symbol of the bisection of heaven and earth, the very symbol of the destruction of Eden by demonic, accelerated material and temporal decay, and false philosophies which generate division (between humanity's sense of itself and identification with God's divine creation) under cover of slogans of unity. In other words we have a grotesque mockery of the very principle touted. This macabre arrogance borders on the clownish for those initiates (or self-initiates) who have the wit to see it. "

Location 497-506 Kindle version. 

What's interesting about the black cube is that the Kaaba the Muslims circumambulate IS a cube.  Islam for all the interesting things within it is perhaps nothing more than a Saturnalian (and demonic)  religion at its core.

I have that book on my to-read list right now, I'm still working on Hoffman's the Occult Renaissance Church of Rome and Judaism's Strange Gods, but that might be next on my list.

Interesting that you make the connection between Mohammedism and Saturn worship...I've always questioned the Kabba and why such an anti-idolatry religion worships a literal idol.

And I wanted to add for the wider topic here: my concurrence with CarmeliteKnight's warning against studying the occult is in no way a dismissal of it's study, provided that the aim of studying such things is to come to know the language of the enemy, rather than for personal gain/knowledge. It's good to know just how prevalent these symbols are in the modern world, so to be able to identify and counteract them.
Let me know how you like "Occult Renaissance Church", I found it VERY enriching and well cited.

As far as things go with studying the occult, it's definitely not for everyone, you're right about that.  I am pretty strong in my Orthodox faith so the Neo Platonic, Gnostic ruminations of many occult types don't phase me.  I always thought once Christians TRULY understand something of who Christ is there's no way one could be tempted away into the morass of occult dead ends and fantasies.  

As for the Kaaba, it's definitely a black cube,  so inasmuch as the cube symbolism is Saturnalian I guess it might be related.  I haven't dug into it beyond Hoffman's book, but I have studied Islam extensively over the years.  There's a deep element of Neo-Platonist/Origenist  thought in Islam, especially in its myth of the "Fitrah", the idea that man fell from some static perfection and needs to climb back to God. Well, got to catch a flight so take care.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian
(11-28-2019, 11:55 AM)Augustinian Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 01:09 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: That's a symbol I avert my eyes from.

Augustine's point of shaping the scared
to fit evil's wants is demonstrated here

Video

There's nothing to figure out other then
men like the above are compulsive liars

That video had me pretty engaged in all of his comparisons of Saturn symbology in the various world religions. But he went right off the deep-end with his conclusions. The planet Saturn is a "radio-transmitter" which is "hacking" our "reality" which isn't really reality, but a virtual reality, because everything is in a computer simulation...uh, yeah, okay guy.

"Just take David Icke, the local British curiosity famous for claiming that the moon isn't real and that the world is run by shape-shifting alien reptiles. Laugh all you want — that dude has a net worth of 10 million pounds, accumulated through book sales and expensive, sold-out live talks. Whether people are generally interested in the reptilian moon people or they're just paying absurd cash to watch a crazy guy humiliate himself for a few hours, that money adds up."

—Adam Wears

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Icke

Just two things:
1) don't do drugs
2) don't buy the book
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • CarmeliteKnight
On topic regarding Saturn worship, I came across this page which breaks down quite a few examples of Saturn (Satan) worship today

https://www.nicholson1968.com/nicholson1...black-cube

Also, I had a weird dream last night where I was looking for books on Saturn (the god). Maybe there's something more to this...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8

[Image: 180px-SA_160-Jeremia_op_de_puinhopen_van_Jeruzalem.jpg]
(11-29-2019, 11:30 AM)Augustinian Wrote: On topic regarding Saturn worship, I came across this page which breaks down quite a few examples of Saturn (Satan) worship today

Also, I had a weird dream last night where I was looking for books on Saturn (the god). Maybe there's something more to this...

Since Saturn is considered a part of Satan worship, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a lovely icon or symbol of the Blessed Virgin or Jesus or a saint as the avatar for the Twitter Feed instead?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(12-05-2019, 11:49 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 11:30 AM)Augustinian Wrote: On topic regarding Saturn worship, I came across this page which breaks down quite a few examples of Saturn (Satan) worship today

Since Saturn is considered a part of Satan worship, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a lovely icon or symbol of the Blessed Virgin or Jesus or a saint as the avatar for the Twitter Feed instead?
One would think so. But the source I linked adheres to some flavor of Protestantism, so that would be "idolatrous" yet they use the enemy's symbols
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8

(12-05-2019, 11:54 AM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:49 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Since Saturn is considered a part of Satan worship, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a lovely icon or symbol of the Blessed Virgin or Jesus or a saint as the avatar for the Twitter Feed instead?
One would think so. But the source I linked adheres to some flavor of Protestantism, so that would be "idolatrous" yet they use the enemy's symbols

Oh, I was talking about the Fisheater's Twitter feed below.

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(12-05-2019, 12:12 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:49 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Since Saturn is considered a part of Satan worship, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a lovely icon or symbol of the Blessed Virgin or Jesus or a saint as the avatar for the Twitter Feed instead?

Oh, I was talking about the Fisheater's Twitter feed below.
Oh, I'm on mobile so I couldn't see that. But that is interesting that Vox uses the alchemical symbol of Saturn. I wonder why that is?

(12-05-2019, 12:36 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:12 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
Oh, I'm on mobile so I couldn't see that. But that is interesting that Vox uses the alchemical symbol of Saturn. I wonder why that is?

I asked:

Quote:Vox:  the symbol, which is for the planet Saturn, is not only an "occult symbol"; it's a symbol, period. I have it because I was born on the feast of St. Agnes

Wouldn't a Traditional Catholic symbol for St. Agnes be better?

Agnes is depicted in art with a lamb, evoking her name which resembles the Latin word for "lamb", agnus (the given name is Greek, from hagnē ἁγνή "chaste, pure"). She is also shown with a martyr's palm. She is the patron saint of girls and chastity.

-Our Lady of La Salette

(12-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:

I asked:

Quote:Vox:  the symbol for Venus, and the symbol, which is for the planet Saturn, is not only an "occult symbol"; it's a symbol, period. I have it because I was born on the feast of St. Agnes

Agnes is depicted in art with a lamb, evoking her name which resembles the Latin word for "lamb", agnus (the given name is Greek, from hagnē ἁγνή "chaste, pure"). She is also shown with a martyr's palm. She is the patron saint of girls and chastity.

Not to be a buttinsky, but OMG-ness what must you think of my name... shutter
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Augustinian
(12-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:

I asked:

Quote:Vox:  the symbol, which is for the planet Saturn, is not only an "occult symbol"; it's a symbol, period. I have it because I was born on the feast of St. Agnes

I was curious to know if there was a Catholic usage of the symbol beyond just alchemy.

If that's her reason for using it, then so be it. Intent has to be behind the use of symbols, if it signifies something else to that individual for innocuous reasons, like the reason she gave, then so be it, I don't see any harm in it.  ;)

The thing I've noticed when it comes to the fingers pointed at the Catholic adoption and "baptism" of formerly pagan or esoteric symbols and images is that these individuals are 9 times out of 10 of a non-Catholic, Protestant background (though, there are exceptions, see author Michael Hoffman, who claims to be a Catholic). My perspective is that these symbols are in better use within the Church than they are anywhere else because they are being used toward the One, True God rather than false idols and demons. I posted another topic on here regarding the Eye of Providence, which used to be a Catholic/Christian symbol representing God's omniscience, but has since been subverted to Masonic use; stating that perhaps we need to reclaim some of these images and symbols in an effort to undermine their occult power. St. Peter's cross is another example that has been stolen as an emblem of Satanism, when it means nothing of the sort.

In short, there's no need to get too paranoid about this stuff. God is all-powerful, so just because some anti-Christian group or society uses a symbol, does not make it automatically satanic and off-limits.