Saturnalia, Black Cube Worship and Occult Symbols
(12-05-2019, 05:19 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Not to be a buttinsky, but OMG-ness what must you think of my name... shutter

OMG-ness LOL. 

I really haven't given your name a thought.

What do you think of your name?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Blind Horus
(12-05-2019, 06:37 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:36 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:12 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:54 AM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:49 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Since Saturn is considered a part of Satan worship, wouldn't it be a good idea to use a lovely icon or symbol of the Blessed Virgin or Jesus or a saint as the avatar for the Twitter Feed instead?
Oh, I'm on mobile so I couldn't see that. But that is interesting that Vox uses the alchemical symbol of Saturn. I wonder why that is?

I asked:

Quote:Vox:  the symbol, which is for the planet Saturn, is not only an "occult symbol"; it's a symbol, period. I have it because I was born on the feast of St. Agnes

Wouldn't a Traditional Catholic symbol for St. Agnes be better?

Agnes is depicted in art with a lamb, evoking her name which resembles the Latin word for "lamb", agnus (the given name is Greek, from hagnē ἁγνή "chaste, pure"). She is also shown with a martyr's palm. She is the patron saint of girls and chastity.

I was curious to know if there was a Catholic usage of the symbol beyond just alchemy.

If that's her reason for using it, then so be it. Intent has to be behind the use of symbols, if it signifies something else to that individual for innocuous reasons, like the reason she gave, then so be it, I don't see any harm in it.  ;)

The thing I've noticed when it comes to the fingers pointed at the Catholic adoption and "baptism" of formerly pagan or esoteric symbols and images is that these individuals are 9 times out of 10 of a non-Catholic, Protestant background (though, there are exceptions, see author Michael Hoffman, who claims to be a Catholic). My perspective is that these symbols are in better use within the Church than they are anywhere else because they are being used toward the One, True God rather than false idols and demons. I posted another topic on here regarding the Eye of Providence, which used to be a Catholic/Christian symbol representing God's omniscience, but has since been subverted to Masonic use; stating that perhaps we need to reclaim some of these images and symbols in an effort to undermine their occult power. St. Peter's cross is another example that has been stolen as an emblem of Satanism, when it means nothing of the sort.

In short, there's no need to get too paranoid about this stuff. God is all-powerful, so just because some anti-Christian group or society uses a symbol, does not make it automatically satanic and off-limits.

I've seen the Eye of Providence in plenty of Catholic Churches but have never seen the alchemical symbol for Saturn.

I think it's a reasonable question when the site is trying to reach out to people to find the Truth of the Catholic faith and we have such a rich tradition of symbols to choose from.

Why promote something that can easily be misconstrued as promoting Satanism?

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(12-05-2019, 07:02 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 05:19 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Not to be a buttinsky, but OMG-ness what must you think of my name... shutter

OMG-ness LOL. 

lol you're funny thanks

ETA: HAHA, 'what do you think of your name?' This is exactly the kind of response I would expect get at home. Thanks for putting in my place lol
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(12-05-2019, 07:13 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:

OMG-ness LOL. 

lol you're funny thanks

ETA: HAHA, 'what do you think of your name?' This is exactly the kind of response I would expect get at home. Thanks for putting in my place lol

Well, since YOU brought it up, what does it mean?  Now I'm curious...

-Our Lady of La Salette

(12-05-2019, 09:31 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 07:13 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:

OMG-ness LOL. 

lol you're funny thanks

Well, since YOU brought it up, what does it mean?  Now I'm curious...

Oh carp, I had to open my big mouth...
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(12-05-2019, 09:36 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 09:31 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Well, since YOU brought it up, what does it mean?  Now I'm curious...

Oh carp, I had to open my big mouth...

Yes, you did.  Now spill the beans...

-Our Lady of La Salette

I guess I don't understand what Saturn has to do with St. Agnes.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

-Our Lady of La Salette

Okay, since no one can tell me what St. Agnes has to do with Saturn I looked a little further and found this:

A diagram in the astronomical compendium by Johannes Kamateros (12th century) shows the Sun represented by the circle with a ray, Jupiter by the letter zeta (the initial of Zeus, Jupiter's counterpart in Greek mythology), Mars by a shield crossed by a spear, and the remaining classical planets by symbols resembling the modern ones, without the cross-mark seen in modern versions of the symbols. These cross-marks first appear in the late 15th or early 16th century. According to Maunder, the addition of crosses appears to be "an attempt to give a savour of Christianity to the symbols of the old pagan gods."[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_symbols

Vox, does that have anything to do with your choice of Avatar?

-Our Lady of La Salette

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian
(12-12-2019, 04:19 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Vox, does that have anything to do with your choice of Avatar?

As a fan of the night sky, I love the planet Saturn, a planet God made and called "Good." So does my grandson, who's big into space and astronomy and all that, though he prefers Neptune I'm Aquarius, born on the Feast of St. Agnes, and he's Capricornus, born on the Feast of the Circumcision. Saturn is said to "rule" each of those Sun signs, so is "our" planet. The symbol -- an astronomical symbol used by scientists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet#20th_century -- is a nod to my grandson's and my relationship. It's Carol Burnett wiggling her ear to signal "all is well" to her Grandma. It's personal.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Augustinian