Staring out the window and smiling. Good hobby or to be avoided?
Would this be a good hobby?
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Blind Horus, Imperator Caesar Trump
(11-30-2019, 08:28 AM)FultonFan Wrote: Would this be a good hobby?

I can't say for sure, but depending on the size of the window, I'd say that that its a hobby best done while clothed.
Me and these dumb threads.
(11-30-2019, 11:29 AM)redneckpride4ever Wrote:

I can't say for sure, but depending on the size of the window, I'd say that that its a hobby best done while clothed.
You're no fun
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • redneckpride4ever

Hmm, looking out the window, smiling, as a hobby. That's not a hobby, that's a occupation, and it occupies much of my day.

See, we used to live at a place completely grown up with fir trees, all you could see was straight up. It was nice, though, with all the wildlife around and the rhythm of woods and I learned a lot living there for 20 plus years but since we've moved to farm country I can't seem to stop looking out of the window. You can see for miles. It make me smile.

One of the things I look at is a built-up highway going across the fields about three-quarters of a mile away. It's a long straight highway and on the weekends busy with traffic going to the coast. I have noticed the majority of the cars are silver, then white, then black. Occasionally you'll see red cars and blue but not usually on the same day, and if you do see red or blue cars mixed in with the silver, black and white cars, the red and blue cars seem to group together. So it's likely where there's one red car or blue car there will be another, (usually pairs).

Also, on red car days there seems to be more sirens then on blue car days. My theory is it has something to do with the news cycle, (!?!), but since we don't watch news I'm not positive on that, just a theory.

PS yellow too, but yellow cars always seem to be small. Interesting...
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
Just get a mannequin to do it for you instead.  It will probably freak out the neighbors the same amount as if you did it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
(11-30-2019, 04:06 PM)yablabo Wrote: Just get a mannequin to do it for you instead.  It will probably freak out the neighbors the same amount as if you did it.

This.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
(11-30-2019, 01:50 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:

Hmm, looking out the window, smiling, as a hobby. That's not a hobby, that's a occupation, and it occupies much of my day.

See, we used to live at a place completely grown up with fir trees, all you could see was straight up. It was nice, though, with all the wildlife around and the rhythm of woods and I learned a lot living there for 20 plus years but since we've moved to farm country I can't seem to stop looking out of the window. You can see for miles. It make me smile.

One of the things I look at is a built-up highway going across the fields about three-quarters of a mile away. It's a long straight highway and on the weekends busy with traffic going to the coast. I have noticed the majority of the cars are silver, then white, then black. Occasionally you'll see red cars and blue but not usually on the same day, and if you do see red or blue cars mixed in with the silver, black and white cars, the red and blue cars seem to group together. So it's likely where there's one red car or blue car there will be another, (usually pairs).

Also, on red car days there seems to be more sirens then on blue car days. My theory is it has something to do with the news cycle, (!?!), but since we don't watch news I'm not positive on that, just a theory.

PS yellow too, but yellow cars always seem to be small. Interesting...

Just to prod a little...

Hmm, the things you learn looking out your window: Yellow Car Memes. Who thinks of these things?

Origin

Niko Bellic, the protagonist for the popular video game Grand Theft Auto 4, is given various forms of transportation options which the player may choose. One of these is the taxi cab, which is actually a very good alternative to driving yourself when Niko is drunk. Incidentally, while intoxicated Niko will call down a cab with the shouted phrase "yellow car!" This humorous line was picked up by the Gmodder community and many videos including Nico and yellow cars as the central theme were made.

Usage

Aside from ts use as a line in a few Gmod videos, this particular meme is not very popular, nor is it an exploitable phrase or image. It has spawned numerous videos within the GModder community, though.

So interesting. Theres also a Yellow Car Game come to find out. The rules are: you see a Yellow Car you say Yellow Car.

Here's the history of the Yellow Car Game: http://yellowcargame.co.uk/pages/history.htm

And a song, too.

So interesting, lttle yellow car.

End prod ( - :
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(11-30-2019, 01:37 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Angry
(11-30-2019, 11:29 AM)redneckpride4ever Wrote:

You're no fun
I agree with undertaking this hobby while clothed.

May I suggest a leopard print banana Speedo and Hannibal Lecter mask? And for maximum effect you should work an inflatable sheep into the mix.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Augustinian, redneckpride4ever